Crash P3P on power line and survive

Reaction score
I was flying my P3P in the cul de sac where I live. I know there is a power line crossing it. I am really aware of it and am really careful when I fly. But.... last day I crash in it. The P3P fell from 10m on the hard surface.
Battery ejects by itself on impact, nothing broken except arm gimbal bent.
I was furious with myself.
Put back the battery and was able to reconnect. Motors start normally but gimbal stuck. The P3P was flying ok with all the fonctions correct but no video.
Go on line to learn how to repair the gimbal.
Succeed to disconnect gimbal and detached the gimbal arm which I bent in the opposite direction. Re as semble everything. Gimbal pass the test, got video but with interferences. Disconnect the gimbal again and check the connection of the flat cable. One was lose. Re connect everything and miracle now drone fly allright and video excellent.
I feel I was lucky with this ending.
I order gimbal arm assembly and flat cable and I am going to replace it.

PS: Excuse my English but I am French.

I was flying my P3P in the cul de sac where I live. I know there is a power line crossing it. I am really aware of it and am really careful when I fly. But.... last day I crash in it. The P3P fell from 10m on the hard surface.
Battery ejects by itself on impact, nothing broken except arm gimbal bent.
I was furious with myself.
Put back the battery and was able to reconnect. Motors start normally but gimbal stuck. The P3P was flying ok with all the fonctions correct but no video.
Go on line to learn how to repair the gimbal.
Succeed to disconnect gimbal and detached the gimbal arm which I bent in the opposite direction. Re as semble everything. Gimbal pass the test, got video but with interferences. Disconnect the gimbal again and check the connection of the flat cable. One was lose. Re connect everything and miracle now drone fly allright and video excellent.
I feel I was lucky with this ending.
I order gimbal arm assembly and flat cable and I am going to replace it.

PS: Excuse my English but I am French.
HI good read and very lucky,,thing with power lines they seem to go invisible till last sec,,:):)

Yes I was very lucky . At first I was thinking that it was the ultimate flight of my drone.
But I learn a lot try to repair it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4