Crash P3

Reaction score
Well, after a crash from less than 15 feet onto pavement, the camera snapped off the gimbal and ripped the flex cable into two pieces on my P3 Pro. Did some calling and I was told that it will be something like August before new flex cables will be available. Yuck.

I called DJI and after 35+ mins of wait time, their answer was for me to send the unit back for repair (6 week turn around once they receive it). They will determine if the warranty applies, and then determine what needs to be fixed on the P3. If I agree to the repair, they will then tell me how much the repair costs. Might as well get it fixed, assuming costs won't exceed a new unit. As I am going on a trip, I wanted the P3 for photo work, so I bought a backup P3 Pro. I will try a gimbal protection on the new one.

[QUOTE="Astro-BobG, post: 402197, member: 26941" I will try a gimbal protection on the new one.[/QUOTE]
inquiring mind want to know,,,
Whats the gimbal protection your talking about;)

Yes, that is the one Gimbal saver, and it is installed on P3 Pro #2. this would most likely saved my camera on #1. It is a tad pricey, but looks very good. This is what DJI should have done to protect the gimbal better.

Way back in the 50s, I can remember someone complaining that the cars made in Detroit were just not safe enough. Some, non-remembered executive from one of the big auto makers was quoted as saying, "...our cars are a hell of a lot safer than the people who drive them."

Reactions: Astro-BobG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik