Crash! My first one...

Reaction score
Totally my fault. I let the Phantom get out of line of sight (went behind some trees) and lost radio contact. Phantom went into Return To Home function but it didn't know there where trees in the way. Gimbal is really messed up. The camera is now pointing down about 20 degrees when it should be level with the horizon. And when I turn the copter left or right with the left stick, the camera does not maintain a steady/level. It seesaws on the X axis. It eventually levels out, but slowly.

Maybe it could be fixed with some kind of calibration? Anyone know? Or had a similar experience?

Anyhow, here's the video to enjoy: http://youtu.be/-osXH3W7pIY

Cheers!

Sorry to see that one. Just a few more feet and it would have made it. Nice video though. Hope you are back up soon.

Until the crash itself, the footage of skimming over the tops of the trees is actually pretty cool.
Sorry about your mishap. You might try an advanced calibration on a level surface. RTH will fly the craft back to its home point at 60' altitude from the home elevation. If there is an object taller than 60' in its path, you will crash into it.

It was already above the 20 meter mark, so it won't climb any higher. It's just that the trees were a bit taller than that :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik