Crash in treetops video

Reaction score
I recovered the video from my crash about a week and half ago. I thought I lost the AC for good, but then retraced my flight path and found it on the ground at the highest point of the route. It hit the treetops, tumbled a bit, righted itself, turned, and then hit the treetops again and it went dark. There's no footage of the tumble to the ground. Had the AC been about 10 feet higher it would have cleared the trees. I had no idea there is a cluster of tall pines precisely where I programmed the turn. I compensated for the ground being higher, but not for the trees.

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Movies/CrashInTrees.mp4

The flight altitude was 300 feet and the land rises 200 feet and the trees were probably about 100 feet in height.

By the way, the only way I was able to retrieve the video was by putting the sd card in another phantom and starting it. I could not do it with any of the available software fixes.

Marko

Sorry about your crash Marko, A couple of feet higher or a foot to the left you could have made it! I can see how this could happen when you think you have the clearance. Last summer I was filming my friends house, I was about 50 yards in full view and doing a orbit and I was sure I was way in front of the trees but I passed by fluke behind the tree top without hitting it.

"about 100 feet" :rolleyes:

The pine the caught mine was 210' - 220'. The Phantom was about 190'.
When I found it the motors will still running, camera was still working, actually turned the motors off and back on. :rolleyes:

Few weeks later it finally fell out of the tree in five pieces.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj