Crash, fix help?

Reaction score
Hi,

Today I had my first crash. The body is deformed a litle nothing major but the gimbal broke. Can I buy separate parts for the gimbal? Thanks.

fa0bd7033df4b2de8b7adda5c570a338.jpg

8121d7a68904a4e3b1cda8d67c7998af.jpg

e70492adc3aa4765f8a03ef0bfc37b23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI does not sell all of the replacement gimbal parts. You can get them from TACO-RC though.

I heard there are a few people that repair them on here ask staff member they will hook you up

Thanks a lot for that Taco RC link for the gimbal kit! I also saw some 3D printed alternatives are those recommended or not?

Where is the best place to buy the replacement shell? My P3A has the new motors, how can I make sure I get the correct shell is there a specific version number? I read on the Amazon reviews that buying the shell directly from DJI some people got the old shells and others got the new one?

Thanks!

I also saw some 3D printed alternatives are those recommended or not?
A lot of the 3D printed versions were released prior to when people started machining them out of aluminum. Aluminum is going to be the strongest option, but both would technically do the job.

Thanks for the explanation. By the way should I continue using the crashed battery? How can I test it? It was still on when it crashed (I did CSC to turn off motors immediately).

The outside of the battery looks good and when I press to check battery level it lights up. I'm just scared of charging it in case it has damage and it goes on fire or something. Should I charge it under my watch? And then test it on the phantom and look at the battery settings in the DJI GO app?

The outside of the battery looks good and when I press to check battery level it lights up.
If the outside of the battery is pristine, I can only assume the shell protected it from the impact. If you have any doubts though, toss it and get a new battery.

If the battery is not swelled, as no sign of physical damage and do not catch in fire 48 hours after the crash. You should check that the voltages are stable in DJI GO, and then it should be good to go again.

Edit : I crashed Collective Pitch Heli a lot of times in the last 20 years, and never had a battery catch in fire, caused by a crash. (When the battery swell or show physical damage, YOU MUST dispose of it)

Batteries fine! If the gimble cables still intact, hit T-BOCK up for a printed yaw arm. I did and it was a 20 min. Repair! I think he even has color options now so you can accent. Aaaaannd he will send you a new one next time u crash free of charge, no matter whos to blame[emoji106]

Thanks for your replies. Last night I charged the battery and fired up the P3A inside my house without propellers. Motors work fine but there is no image in the DJI GO app and at the top there's a No Signal message, so it seems the ribbon cable is damaged even though the camera is still held by it?

Does the TACO RC ribbon cable work 100% confirmed? I read in other threads that it's best to use the original DJI ribbon cable? Thanks!

Guys I know this thread is a few months old but I thought I should mention this about everon drones. I would imagine not everyone has had a bad experience with them, but me on the other hand had a really bad experience with everon drones.

Here's the link to my explanation of my experience with everon drones.

do not use everon drones for your repairs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj