Crash crash crash :/

Reaction score
So i just crashed, low speed on a tree (because i felt to brave today -.-) and gimbal was stuck at first but then i took it home forced it a little bit to unstuck, cleaned the bird with 100% alcohol. Now, i haven't attached the props yet to make an actual flight, but tried it (without props obviously) and everything seem to be working flawlessly. So, my question is, what else should i check for after a crash? What are some common issues? Thanks:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

subbed. Want to see what is brought up here.

I guess I would go over the entire body looking for small cracks, then calibrate everything...IMU, gimbal, compass, etc, finally I'd fly a battery down to 60%-50% at chest level constantly looking and walking around the thing to notice anything different.

Reactions: Grae
Definitely check around the casing directly under the motors, where the screws are, because there are reports of hairline fractures appearing there.

If it appears to be flying/hovering fine I.e no obvious change in behaviour then that's a plus.

+1
I would do an IMU calibration and Compass Calibration... While not my Phantom I crashed one of my other Quads and didn't do the equivalent of an IMU calibration. Everything seemed fine on the bench. But when I took it out to actually fly it flipped over on its side. Luckily it only chipped a prop.

So, I'd do the calibrations...

start from scratch and recalibrate everything.

So i checked everything. No cracks found or anything. Believe it or not props are fine. I re calibrated everything including imu compass and gimbal. Because outside is has a very strong air, i gave it a try inside my home (ATTI mode) and everything seemed to work exactly as it should. Thankfully i got the crash on video i'm gonna post it later here if you want to see how i crashed. Any other advises? Thanks

Reactions: LK8472

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie