Crash broken Gimbal No GPS

Reaction score
Hi All,
I had a most unfortunate crash today. It hit hard on concrete broke one stand, ribbon cable and the camera gimbal. I have detached the wires and remove the camera gimbal from the quad until my parts get delivered. I decided to test fly without the camera gimbal attached so validate the quad still flies. I noticed there was no GPS link according to my iphone.
Should the GPS work without the gimbal attached and connected? Do I need remove the cover and look at the boards for cracks?

Thanks in Advance.

The GPS should still work. Did it happen to land upside down? The GPS module is right under the "DJI" sticker on the top, so it could have cracked if that's how it landed.

The GPS should still work. Did it happen to land upside down? The GPS module is right under the "DJI" sticker on the top, so it could have cracked if that's how it landed.

Landed hard on one stand then flipped. Also in the DJI app displays no Signal. I disconnected the GPS no change in the status. When I selected auto take off I get command timeout.

BTW - I can fly the quad. However no status for GPS or compass. The software won't allow me to go into the compass. The lights are flashing slow yellow.

I have inspected the gps for cracks and reseated all connections.

Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj