Crash, Blinking Yellow Lights! What do I do?!

Reaction score
Ok so heres the story...

Opened up my Phantom 2 Vision yesterday, thrilled and excited. After charging everything I plugged the Phantom into the Assistant Software and made sure everything was updated, same with the remote. Flew it for the first time today. Everything was working great and I was having a ball.

And then... I was asked to give a demonstration to some fascinated neighbors, so I did. However, a group quickly formed and in the midst of things I became slightly distracted and crashed the Phantom into a tree. AGH. After a couple seconds it wiggled loose and fell to the ground.

Only visual damage was a couple props broke, camera was detached, and the battery popped out. I easily swapped out the props, reattached the camera, and popped back in the battery. But now I have continuous blinking yellow lights, which I guess means "remote controller signal loss". The Phantom powers on normally but it will not respond to the remote control.

What I've Done:
Opened up the Phantom to make sure the antennas were still attached: Everything appeared normal.
Plugged in the Phantom to see if it would connect to the Assistant Software: It did and everything appeared fine.

I'm a total newb.
What do I do?

Thanks for any help!

Hook it back up to the app and recalibrate advanced.
Note your compass readings are they way off?

I hooked it up, did the basic and advanced calibration. Still rapid yellow flashing with no response from the RC. The compass readings look normal. Is there any way to completely factory reset a Phantom?

Check paragraph 3.6 on page 11 of the P2V Manual v1.12 about linking the Tx to the Rx.

I've tried the relinking procedure in the manual, but still nothing. Oddly, the manual says the link indicator should be flashing red or yellow and I don't see it flashing at all (unless you can only see it with the top removed). Only the main Phantom LEDs are flashing yellow.

Yeah both switches are up. One theory I have is when the crash occurred the battery popped out. Maybe this has confused the Phantom or screwed something up related to the software. I'm no expert, but I think that's the culprit. I'm waiting for a DJI support member on the phone now.

The "link indicator" is the same button on the Vision you press in to initiate the link - it's on the underside of the aircraft. If it's not flashing then it might imply the receiver was damaged in the crash, or the power to the receiver was. If that is the case then it's one of the cheaper spare parts...

When you say you connected to the Assistant and all was fine did you see any movement of the stick indicators in the first tab?

AstroNut said:
Ok so heres the story...

Opened up my Phantom 2 Vision yesterday, thrilled and excited. After charging everything I plugged the Phantom into the Assistant Software and made sure everything was updated, same with the remote. Flew it for the first time today. Everything was working great and I was having a ball.

And then... I was asked to give a demonstration to some fascinated neighbors, so I did. However, a group quickly formed and in the midst of things I became slightly distracted and crashed the Phantom into a tree. AGH. After a couple seconds it wiggled loose and fell to the ground.

Only visual damage was a couple props broke, camera was detached, and the battery popped out. I easily swapped out the props, reattached the camera, and popped back in the battery. But now I have continuous blinking yellow lights, which I guess means "remote controller signal loss". The Phantom powers on normally but it will not respond to the remote control.

What I've Done:
Opened up the Phantom to make sure the antennas were still attached: Everything appeared normal.
Plugged in the Phantom to see if it would connect to the Assistant Software: It did and everything appeared fine.

I'm a total newb.
What do I do?

Thanks for any help!

Ok This may seem like a dumb reply but after my crash it did the same thing and I had a bad esc
flashed only yellow and at times would continually beep
have you tried to spin her up and see if all 4 motors start you may have cracked a esc

Does the P2V also require the Rx type to be set to D-Bus? Might that be reset to PPM?

What happens when you flip S1 6-10 times and try to calibrate compass do you get solid yellow?

When you plug in the P2V to the computer and open up DJI Phantom 2 Assistant do you see any movement on the Channel Monitor in the View tab? You should see A, E, T, R moving when you move your sticks. If not the P2V isn't seeing the controller. Maybe a cable came loose from the receiver inside the P2V after the crash.

Thanks for all your replies. DJI support was pretty useless saying either return it to my dealer or send it in for repairs. Luckily, Amazon has a fantastic return policy and I got a new one here in 2 days.

BUT now my new P2V (no crash this time lol) is having trouble connecting to GPS... Aw man, I consider myself tech savvy and this thing is making me fell like an idiot. Anyways, I'm getting barely 5-8 satellites where my other Phantom (before crash) was consistently getting about 11-14. Same location, same weather conditions. Maybe a solar storm has cropped up? Any other reason why a P2V would receive a weak GPS signal? I guess it could be fine, but GPS signals are more sketchy than I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers