CRASH...and then...Gimbal Motor Overload...now what?

Reaction score
Ok, so I was an idiot and flew my drone inside a room with about 25 foot ceiling to get a picture of something, and something happened (maybe the wind from the propellers pushed it?) and the darn thing ran into the walls and came crashing down. I'm a decent flyer but it all happened so quick I couldn't do anything about it. The unit came crashing down hard; The battery flew out and it chipped a propeller.

The unit itself is fine (battery works fine now), but I did lose two of the white screws that connects the base to the unit (if that makes sense). However, when turning it back on I now have a red triangle on the app next to "Gimbal Motor Overload." When I click on it, it reads "GMO. Check if the gimbal clamp is mounted off." I've looked the thing over and I can't see any noticeable difference, but not sure I have what it looked liked memorized enough to know. Also, when I listen closely it sounds like the camera is making a sound and the camera portion is absolutely smoking hot - almost too hot too touch.

When I get back to the main screen where the camera angle would normally work, the upper left hand corner (where it reads GPS or whatever) is reading "Gimbal Motor Overload." You can see a very dark image from the camera, but not much. Any thoughts on what I can do or what to do next? Send it in for servicing? (I searched for this issue on the site but couldn't find anything.)

Thanks

The gimbal is the tender underbelly of the Phantom. Sounds like it may have been damaged in the fall. Probably need to send it to be repaired.
Sorry for your loss/mishap.
And the 2 white screws are not lost, it comes with just 2 in it, to help reduce vibration.

Probably, unless someone here could recommend another service option. I know they are out there, but I don't have that knowledge. Good luck!

Any luck ? I have the same issue. Also it won't let me calibrate the compass. I tried and it says it's camera exceed gimbal limit or something like that.
And the camera sways slowly left and right the whole time it's on. If I try to start it up and take off, then it says topology error

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic