Crash and the P3A is *****!

Reaction score
Flying away third flight this evening it disconnects from the app, so hit return to home.
App does not reconnect.
So here it comes out of the distance, phew.

Anyway as it is decending it is going to fowl on a tree so cancel return to home. Can I control this thing!

forwards is backwards, backwards is forwards nothing making any sense and it is still descending. I move it or it drifts backwards hits a telephone pole 4m down to tarmac.

Cracked the shell by a motor, one motor now not working and obviously blades snapped.

I have attached the log.

Background is I have been getting compass errors, have done the IMU twice since upgrading to 1.9.6 downgraded this evening to 1.8.8 but when you downgrade it will not let you calibrate the compass, says too much magnetic interference ( I live out in the sticks nothing here). So upgraded to 1.9.6 again and hey compass calibrates first time in the same spot it wouldn't before.

So I fly away three flights, one gps atti mode when flying low and hard but nothing more.

Fly away not to far out 1700ft and app goes dead nothing.

Will take it up with DJI anyway it is two months old the RC has cracks which they said is not an issue but will repair/replace have the return for that and was planning sending next week.

Is this the right log to be looking at the one off the app?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-30_[19-03-07].txt
    867.1 KB · Views: 337
Not sure which language or of what that file there is representing?? ;-)
Please Link to www.healthydrones.com for instructions and directions where to send the proper log, for analysis.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: yorlik and sonof40
Can't see anything on that link. Quick thought... Was the AC facing you when it came into land? If so, do think you could've become disorientated as it was coming down. I ask as it took me an age to get they hang of proper orientation. I nearly lost it on a couple of occasions.
Anyway, there are a lot of clever people here who know more about the log info than me so I suggest you do this and let them review the info...

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I could see the front of the camera and red lights, but just checked the video and it was orientated as I thought.

I could see the front of the camera and red lights, but just checked the video and it was orientated as I thought.
Obviously, you couldn't see the front of the camera if it was facing away from you, so I guess it was facing you, especially as you say "forwards was backwards and backwards was forwards nothing making any sense"?

I practiced flying a Syma X5C just so I could avoid this type of thing. I went through 5 or 6 birds before I got to the point that I could fly and land it no matter what its orientation. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy hitting trees, bushes, power lines, etc. That practice comes in handy now when I am flying my P3P. I still practice on it 2 or 3 times a week just to keep me sharp and focused.

Yep, I have a Syma X8 for garden use and a Hubsan Q4 nano for indoor, both of which I use now and again to keep me "orientated"! Engaging ones brain to work back to front is so difficult (well, I found it to be) but then it starts to become easier.

Obviously, you couldn't see the front of the camera if it was facing away from you, so I guess it was facing you, especially as you say "forwards was backwards and backwards was forwards nothing making any sense"?
Checked the video, It was facing me so forwards would bring it towards me, it wasn't none of the controls were working. Not made myself clear none of the inputs were giving a response or an inverted response.

I practiced flying a Syma X5C just so I could avoid this type of thing. I went through 5 or 6 birds before I got to the point that I could fly and land it no matter what its orientation. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy hitting trees, bushes, power lines, etc. That practice comes in handy now when I am flying my P3P. I still practice on it 2 or 3 times a week just to keep me sharp and focused.
Ditto, got one a as father day present flew it a lot lost it in a field of barley. Got another one so flew that plenty and then decided to get the P3A. I don't think I was making any mistakes trying to land the P3A the controls weren't working. The app has lost connection and never regained it. It was on a self initiated RTH but when it got overhead and started to descend it was about 4m off of the home point horizontally and descending into a tree.

Checked the video, It was facing me so forwards would bring it towards me, it wasn't none of the controls were working. Not made myself clear none of the inputs were giving a response or an inverted response.
What??? So now you're saying none of the controls were working? I'm totally confused. You need to upload your logs.

Just had the confirmation from DJI Europe they are sending a replacement will be here Monday. Not had an explanation of the fault/ issue which led to the failure and crash. I have to say it has been pain free dealing with the Netherlands on resolving this, no pushback, no awkwardness and all in will be 17 days from shipping to having the replacement delivered. I know there is varied levels of experience but have to say service has been excellent and good to deal with.

Reactions: Numone
I had a P3 standard and a P3 pro both just flew off I had no control. I looked at the csv with healthydrones.com and both lost ALL signal. I can't say this was the problem but my phone was set to power saving mode, that cuts performance and communication with the phone or any android. I now have a P3 4K for $600 well worth it.

Just had the confirmation from DJI Europe they are sending a replacement will be here Monday. Not had an explanation of the fault/ issue which led to the failure and crash. I have to say it has been pain free dealing with the Netherlands on resolving this, no pushback, no awkwardness and all in will be 17 days from shipping to having the replacement delivered. I know there is varied levels of experience but have to say service has been excellent and good to deal with.
Really happy for you, great news!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1