Crash advice?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my first crash tonight. Totally gutted as Im a cautious flyer. Took off and ran through a few control checks and all seemed good. Started recording and eased forward at about 5m altitude. Went to start acending and nothing. Tried pulling back on the stick and nothing. P3P started veering slightly to the left and no matter what I did, nothing happened. About 90m away I heard the "doooooooooooong" as she hit THE ONLY BLOODY OBSTACLE WITHIN A 5KM RADIUS!! lol. A road sign.

Needless to say, shi!t went everywhere. Props, battery, camera. The drone itself is intact and still fires up ok but (although the top shell is a little outta shape) and when I try to fire it up I get an ESC warning meaning I cant start the engines. I think Im up for a replacement mainboard but other than that, its in surprisingly ok shape. But....

The camera snapped off the gymbal. I searched for 2 hours around where it crashed and couldnt find it. So heres where I need advice. Given that this location is about and hour and a half from my house, is it worth me going back, with my metal detector, and trying to find the camera? The aircraft, battery and props were all found within a 3m radius of the FRIGGING POLE IT HIT. I know the camera must be somewhere around there but I ran out of light whilst searching for it. A new camera and gymbal would cost around $600. Given that its snapped off the gymbal, if I can find the camera, can just the gymbal be replaced? Have attached a pic of the gymbal as it is at the moment.

Basically, is it worth the trip to find the camera or do you think its cactus based on this pic?

Im guessing its not worth contacting DJI about this? I know 100% that I was trying to steer her away from this pole but nothing happened. I was still visual with her at the time and I briefly looked down at my iPad and saw a weak signal indicator. Something happened. But can I prove it? Probably not.

Attachments

• IMAG1056 (1).jpg
    IMAG1056 (1).jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 361
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 323
Get your flight logs and upload them to healthydrones.com. Post them here as well. Lot of guys good at diagnosing crashes. I'd try that first before shelling out the cash for a new bird.

Yeah I checked them and it doesn't show any movement on the sticks showing me trying to avoid the obstacle. I know that I was trying desperately to climb and bank to the right but the logs dont show it! I honestly dont think I can prove it.

Yeah I checked them and it doesn't show any movement on the sticks showing me trying to avoid the obstacle. I know that I was trying desperately to climb and bank to the right but the logs dont show it! I honestly dont think I can prove it.
The burden of proof is on them. Worst case they don't cover it and you have to pay anyway. best case, you get a fixed bird.

First I'm sorry for your crash.
Did you takoff with proper sensor values? Did healthydrones say anything about signal errors? TX charged, antennas in proper position? Did you (have time to) go into Atti-mode?

Any odd things in the surroundings that can explain it's behaviour? Is that an electric fence on the left? Any sources of radio interference in the vicinity?

One things for sure, flying that low gives very little room for error. Flying high is often much more safer. I've learned that the hard way…

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31