Cracks!

Reaction score
Is this cracking issue still an issue with The Phantom 3 advance, was told upgraded shells now, but mine has (old) motors but larger vents by battery!

Ok check this video, I don't now if it really works but you can try, or return it and get one with the new shell

I ordered Strong Arm Reinforcement Plates from Carolina Drone.
I will have a review once I do some testing.
Check it out, looks like a good fix.
For what it's worth.
William E. Burrows Jr.

I think "my" cracks are caused by the screws that were tightend to strong. Tiny cracs after 11 hours of flight withtout crash. When i tried to open the screws, it used so much force.... that was not normal for a screw with plastic in between....

Erich Zumstein
Bern / Switzerland

Attachments

• Crack.png
    Crack.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 650
Ok check this video, I don't now if it really works but you can try, or return it and get one with the new shell

Knowing this was an issue, I loosened these screws on my P3A and also balanced the props. Needless to say I checked my P3A today and sure enough one of the holes has definitely developed a crack. I have not had any crashes and also reduced the active braking, but nothing seemed to help in my case. I have contacted DJI and they said send it in, with a 2-3 week turn around time.....

Talked to DJI US yesterday and they accepted my claim and mentioned 2-3 week turnaround...hopefully this true...

I have the old shell. Last week I installed the white Strong Arm reinforcement plates. Tighten the screws until they were 'snug'. Pretty much you can't tighten it any further with those small allen keys. I figured to use them instead of a hex screw driver because you can't really torque those screws with allen keys.

What is the coldest temperatures these phantom 3 shells can handle? I have the phantom 3 pro, and here in Toronto it's 8°C. When is it to cold for the shells, where the plastic becomes brittle?

My dealer here in NZ reckons they have no knowledge of this defect.
I have just discovered cracks (after keeping a weary eye out for them).
12 hours, 300km flying.78 flights.

My P3P took two weeks to get it back and fixed. DJI only replaced the bottom she'll plastic. A few things I noticed were, the shell wasn't put back together right and Also the cables running from the lightbridge to the main board were blocking the battery from going in. So i had to fix that too.

I have the old shell. Last week I installed the white Strong Arm reinforcement plates. Tighten the screws until they were 'snug'. Pretty much you can't tighten it any further with those small allen keys. I figured to use them instead of a hex screw driver because you can't really torque those screws with allen keys.

What is the coldest temperatures these phantom 3 shells can handle? I have the phantom 3 pro, and here in Toronto it's 8°C. When is it to cold for the shells, where the plastic becomes brittle?
Hi
From Calgary and I have been flying mine when the temperature is around zero. I'm sure they are even more brittle at that temperature but so far so good.
Dale

My dealer here in NZ reckons they have no knowledge of this defect.
I have just discovered cracks (after keeping a weary eye out for them).
12 hours, 300km flying.78 flights.
How can they have no knowledge of the defect if they have had a program in place for months to deal with by replacing the shell? Sounds like you local dealer is off his rocker!

Hey farmer who's your dealer,I'm 150+ flights in and found crack in the screw holding body,one of the ones behind motor screws,contacted my dealer who's sold few hundred and I'm the first one to get shell replaced from cracks,I'll take it in this week as he does the job in hour or two,I questioned if it's the cross braced newer shell and he confirms this,mines original motors and shell,brakes turned down,looked after but have given it some stick thou

Reactions: III% Streve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4