Cracks- finally happened

Reaction score
Well it finally happened. Had those cracks show up under one of the motors, forced it open and did the ole super glue trick. Worked well for several months. My fault .. I failed to keep check on it.
Well it happened ,, was up 200 ft, flyin home and as I was comming back it said I had 10 more minutes battery so I did a quick reverse to head back out,
When I reversed, it happened. I saw the prop and motor separate and out it flew out. Well needles to say the unit plunged 200 ft. To the pavement... Not a pretty sight, Totally DESTROYED, Camera in like 10 pieces. Quad in a mess. That 200 ft, drop to the concrete just doesn't leave much intact. May have a couple of spare parts now but boy what DAMAGE. If you guys get those fuselage cracks under the motor, get a new shell. Not cost effective to repair yourself. Better to do it right. A quick reverse is a lot of torque on those motors and the plastic mounts. Any cracks and over time,,,, well you ot the picture... TRASHED by CRASH. Take care and remember what goes up must come down!!!

Reactions: R30Rush
Thanks for the crash course in what to do if your shell develops cracks.

No seriously sorry dude for you loss

Reactions: Daptone
Why didn't you consider reinforcement plates? The motor mount screws could never pull through with them in place.
But, now you have the perfect excuse for getting a new model. What will you get?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31