Cracked motor mounts.

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have just joined the forum as I intended to purchase a new phantom 3. Having read a few articles on this great drone, my only concern is just how widespread is the issue with cracking motor mounts.
Is this down to impact damage or a weekness in the drone shell? I’m just a little concerned about spending up to £700 then having to constantly replace such a major part. Any advice would be appreciated.

There are quite a few different P3s. But re the cracks, I wouldn't worry about it. Cracks don't seem to be the norm - people who don't have cracks don't post about them. Also, I haven't read a single post where somebody had to retire their AC due to cracks. Hope this helps.

Is this down to impact damage or a weekness in the drone shell?
Nobody knows what causes it. I'm assuming it has something to do with the quality of the plastic. And that can of course vary over time since companies are constantly producing shells for DJI. The good news is that it's something that will be covered under warranty if it does happen to you.

Thx for the reply’s. I must admit the cracks are a little worrying as even if repaired under warranty, the same could happen again. I have to admit the phantom was my first choice but I’m possibly considering the bebop 2. I’m not to keen on the idea of buying a £700 drone just to pull it apart and start filling with epoxy. Need to have a serious think.

I've had 4 phantoms and only one got a crack on the top shell.
It was my least flown P3A and only after I installed arm reinforcements
I wonder if I just tightened a screw too tight since that's where the crack was.
Top shell is only $20.
DJI is still the best all around and most bang for your buck.
You couldn't give me a bebop 2 over any phantom.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I agree 100 percent with Budman. Don't let those cracks bother U. You have a very good aircraft

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4