Cracked battery casing

Reaction score
IMG_1528719264.537025.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Has anyone else had this issue? The cracks are identical on both batteries?

Lately there have been reports of rouge plastic weevils devouring our beloved drone batteries. The only cure found to have worked is a quality epoxy glue carefully applied to the affected areas. The military is looking into sensible fixes using thermo-nuclear devices, but you know how that might end up. The issue you have brought forth indicates a inherent engineering flaw. Good thing the cracked areas do not seem to affect the latching system. Glue away (with good glue)....

Reactions: loonie01
Yes, noticed it on one of mine and also questioned is this could impact on securing the battery or is it just cosmetic. Those pictures look like very well used batteries :), mine is almost brand new in comparison ?

I suspect when I fitted the battery into the P4P+ in haste, I clicked it in with a bit of force instead of pushing the leaver button in which might have done the damage ?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am not sure it will affect the battery being secured, I have not been using them but it is annoying, fortunately I have 36 batteries. I was hoping to buy new plastic cases but not sure how easy then replacement will be.

Thanks guys. I am not sure it will affect the battery being secured, I have not been using them but it is annoying, fortunately I have 36 batteries. I was hoping to buy new plastic cases but not sure how easy then replacement will be.
May I ask why you have 36? Curious here...

Replacing the end cap on the 5870's is a breeze, 2 screws and it pops off. The body, however, is glued beyond that. The original P4 batteries don't have the screw, so I'm not sure about those.

Replacing the end cap on the 5870's is a breeze, 2 screws and it pops off. The body, however, is glued beyond that. The original P4 batteries don't have the screw, so I'm not sure about those.

Where did you get the replacement end caps for the batteries? I have three with very low hours and hairline cracks.

Thank you.

Talking about cracking...brand new battery with one flight on it. No crashes. Just found it that way few days ago inside protective backpack.
Still works. But won’t be used.
1E17C322-1ED6-427E-BC4B-858C0F8E9B1B.jpeg

Where did you get the replacement end caps for the batteries? I have three with very low hours and hairline cracks.

Thank you.
Sorry if I misled you. I didn't find replacements, I just disassembled a bloated one, to see how it was made. I guess I need to start keeping the parts, eh?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik