Cracked arm after crash. Now what?

Reaction score
Do I need to get a new body, or can this be repaired??
20190115_170747[1].jpg

20190115_170747[1].jpg

You'll definitely need a new shell to fix that properly. If you attempt to patch it up with some type of adhesive/tape, the arm might not be angled properly (causing the prop to strike to top of the shell) or it could break again (possibly mid-flight).

If you decide to replace it, you can find new shells here on Amazon.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm sure there must be a place to get the best instructions on changing the bottom out.
Thanks

Here are a few videos from YouTube:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Videogirls
(((((((((((OUCH))))))) with that kind of severe damage....hows ever thing else look and will the motor on that engine pod spin OK ?....Good Luck on the repairs !

I know! It fell from 27' on its back after a close encounter with an overhanging tree branch.
Before I realized it had a crack, I put new props on and let it hover inside just to see if it would really even work at all. There was a little drift, but I guess it could all be from this crack? All motors spin up and seems fine otherwise.
Evidently the "fun" of repairing is part of the fun of flying!
Cheers!

Just take photos of your work during disassembly and find some comvenient way to keep all the screws organised. No soldering required no tricky connectors. The only surprise you might get is how short the cable is that attaches the compass (on top of shell) to the main board. If you get too enthusiastic removing the top you could butcher the connector.

Anyone with basic mechanical aptitude should be able to reolace the shell without any headaches. First one you do is a four stubby job.

Just take photos of your work during disassembly and find some comvenient way to keep all the screws organised. No soldering required no tricky connectors. The only surprise you might get is how short the cable is that attaches the compass (on top of shell) to the main board. If you get too enthusiastic removing the top you could butcher the connector.

Anyone with basic mechanical aptitude should be able to reolace the shell without any headaches. First one you do is a four stubby job.
I love how you say the FIRST ONE I do! LOL. Hopefully a long time before needing to do another.
Quick question. Do you think it matters where the shell comes from? There are some less expensive ones on ebay. New from china. But the whole thing comes from China so......?

I love how you say the FIRST ONE I do! LOL. Hopefully a long time before needing to do another.
Quick question. Do you think it matters where the shell comes from? There are some less expensive ones on ebay. New from china. But the whole thing comes from China so......?
Go have a look ay msingers phantomhelp site. He spends a lot of tome sniffing around checking out parts suppliers so if it’s on his list it’s probably ok.

I said the first one as it’s like anything of this nature, the first one takes twice as long.

I have I had three shells on one phantom 3. The motor mount cracking issue. Bad engineering on DJI’s part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers