Course Lock

Reaction score
I am new to this, so forgive me if this is repetitive. I looked for a "search" to see if it had been addressed, but could not find one.

My question is; I want to explore some of the advanced features, like "Follow Me" and "Course Lock" .. especially that one, as I don't have the eyes I used to have when I was flying as a private pilot, so when this quadcopter gets too far away, I just can't tell what direction it is pointing sometimes (especially with my Iphone 6+ screen -- getting Ipad Mini next)

When I turn on multiple in the Advanced Features ... then flip the switch to "F," the blue box appears, yet no menu? I do see what appears to be a small circle with a line thru it ... so I assume that means something is wrong? Any thoughts you can provide me on this? It would really help me if forward was forward and back was back.

Are you trying this while at least 30 feet in altitude?

Reactions: Flyer91
In addition to that, you'll also need to be running firmware 1.4 (or higher) and you need to enable Multiple Flight Mode in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Multiple-Flight-Mode.png

Is there a minimum altitude at which to 'Apply' Course Lock? I see those minimums for other MFM's when I've been flying Virtual at the website but not Course Lock.
For course lock specifically, as far as I know once you have your app set correctly you only need to be off the ground to engage.
Follow Me is an example of a feature that needs a minimum altitude to engage.

Reactions: richardtomcat
For course lock specifically, as far as I know once you have your app set correctly you only need to be off the ground to engage.
Follow Me is an example of a feature that needs a minimum altitude to engage.
Reason I was asking is because I'm troubleshooting why Course Lock isn't working in real life for me. I understand it in theory by flying Virtual. I'm aim it in the direction I want it to go (about 10'alt) and 'Apply'. As the P3P moves in direction I've set when I rotate to setup my shot, the bird loses direction and drifts in the direction I've rotated. Thought maybe things weren't working properly because I wasn't at a minimum of 16.4' (distance quoted in the Virtual program for other MFM's).

I've been experimenting with course lock and noted the same behavior. Starts out holding the line going fwd but then drifts when the path is repeated. I'll keep practicing to see if it's a user or setting error.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: richardtomcat
I've been experimenting with course lock and noted the same behavior. Starts out holding the line going fwd but then drifts when the path is repeated. I'll keep practicing to see if it's a user or setting error.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
One thing I noticed was GPS-lock problems in the area I was doing this in. When I have the weather (snowing at 20º, 7500', Colorado) I will try a different area.

I don't have a P3 but Course lock on my P2V is the same. It'll go into a straight line, but once I begin to rotate the craft, it tends to drift from that straight line. My P2V does the same thing in hover. If I hover, it's solid. But if I rotate, it'll tend to drift a bit at first. Then it tends to come back. It seems to get a little momentarily confused during the rotation. So I figure that's what's going on with the course lock.

The P3A probably has less drift than mine because you have twice as many satellites.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj