Course Lock initialisation

Reaction score
A question as to when the Course Lock initialises ...Does the 'grid' get laid down when the Phantom powers up and thus in the orientation of the nose at that stage or is it when the CL is first switched in flight and thus in the orientation of the Phantom at that point....found a few different answers on YouTube hence the query...

The grid is the way the nose is pointing on the ground and is set when you see the first set of rapid green lights (30 seconds after switch on). You can set a new direction while in flight by toggling the S2 switch between Off (switch up) and CL (switch middle) 5 times.

xgeek said:
The grid is the way the nose is pointing on the ground and is set when you see the first set of rapid green lights (30 seconds after switch on). You can set a new direction while in flight by toggling the S2 switch between Off (switch up) and CL (switch middle) 5 times.

+1

xgeek said:

I didn't think you could reset the direction in Naza M Mode?? I thought you could only reset the home location and CL in P2 Mode by doing the S2 switch thing.

I didn't think you could reset the direction in Naza M Mode?? I thought you could only reset the home location and CL in P2 Mode by doing the S2 switch thing.

If that was the case with CL that would be a bit of a catch 22. If you could only set a new CL heading if in Phantom mode how would you use it if not in Naza mode? ;)

Thanks very much guys... I guess its good to change the CL orientation if your filming and the orientation of the line your filming up and down changes and then set the nose parallel to the new line and switch S2 5 times. Handy if filming something that changes orientation.

Just make sure if you do that don't do CL (switch middle) to HL (switch bottom) 5 times otherwise you will set a new home point lol

xgeek said:

If that was the case with CL that would be a bit of a catch 22. If you could only set a new CL heading if in Phantom mode how would you use it if not in Naza mode? ;)

True. I miss thought that one. In Naza M mode i did not know you could reset the CL direction by switching the S2 5 times. I only thought you could reset a home location doing that to the S2 switch in P2 mode. Can you do the same with HL in Naza M? I thought i tried this once and i did not see the fast green blinks to indicate a new home location was set.

I learned something new today i guess. :geek: I may try this tonight.

I've been able to reset home location (S2 all the way down and back five times in the air) but when I tried CL reset switching S2 between off and CL, nothing happened. Using NazaM. Didn't bring it up before because course lock isn't exactly useful without the declination fix. Now that CL will actually be useful, I hope I can reset it easily in flight.

I've suggested to DJI to change CL so that it simply locks the current heading whenever you engage it. Much easier.

I just tried this evening and i can confirm, both worked. Doing 5 switches to CL records a new heading and doing 5 switches to HL records a new home location. Thanks for the tip xgeek!!

Do you do the switch 5 times between IOC off and Course lock, or between Home lock and Course lock. I've been looking for this feature but haven't been able to reset course lock in flight yet. thanks..........

Mark Kelley said:
Do you do the switch 5 times between IOC off and Course lock, or between Home lock and Course lock. I've been looking for this feature but haven't been able to reset course lock in flight yet. thanks..........

To reset CL, switch from off to CL 5 times ending on off, will reset CL direction. Then switching from off to HL 5 times ending on off will reset the home location.

shartlza said:
Mark Kelley said:

To reset CL, switch from off to CL 5 times ending on off, will reset CL direction. Then switching from off to HL 5 times ending on off will reset the home location.

Which Phantom, which firmware version?

AnselA said:
shartlza said:
Mark Kelley said:

Which Phantom, which firmware version?

Phantom 2 on 3.04 firmware.

Very useful thread.

Is there any visual confirmation from the Phantom that either the CL orientation or the Home position has been changed ? Do you get any special light sequence ?

SARC said:
Very useful thread.

Is there any visual confirmation from the Phantom that either the CL orientation or the Home position has been changed ? Do you get any special light sequence ?

Yes, with both you will get the rapid green flash like you do when CL and HL is marked before take off.

does that re-establishing a new Home Point via the 5 toggles only work in Naza mode or does it work in Phantom mode too?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj