couple of unusual behaviors

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I just started using a P4 Pro. This is an impressive upgrade over the P3 Pro. Love the camera. I had two unusual experiences this morning.

I sent it on a very simple Litchi mission that I have used with the P3 before. It got to the first waypoint and just hovered there. If I hadn't hit RTH, it may have hovered until the battery died. The mission had one point of interest. I removed it, and tried the mission again. This time, it worked with no problems.

On the next flight, it initially wouldn't ascend above 8 meters. I fiddled around with everything I could think of and tried it again. Same result. I tried flipping the switch out of P mode and then back to P mode. That took care of the problem.

I never had problems like these with the P3. It makes me nervous that two unusual problems arose on my second and third flights with the P4. Will it fly off on the fourth flight?

No, it won't fly off. As you just experienced, flipping that switch in and out of P mode cancels the mission. Anytime something doesn't look right, you can cancel as long as you have a connection.

I suspect the hovering had something to do with your mission settings. Was this a saved mission from a previous flight?

I have been reading about recent updates to the Litchi ios version. Maybe run any updates, clean re-install or reprogramming the mission would solve it.

What mode should the switch be in for a Litchi flight? I had it in P mode. Could that be what caused the problem?
On a P4 you start in P mode. If you need to take control, switch into S.
What mode should the switch be in for a Litchi flight? I had it in P mode. Could that be what caused the problem?
I don't think that had anything to do with it. P-mode is the default for your mission. If you need to take control, switch to S, then you can switch back and bring it home on your own.

Somethings up with the mission settings, I think.

I have been reading about recent updates to the Litchi ios version. Maybe run any updates, clean re-install or reprogramming the mission would solve it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I usually prefer to leave "well enough" alone and avoid updates. Since the situation wasn't in the "well enough" category, I updated Litchi and didn't have any problem ascending during tests this morning. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that the ascending problem has been resolved. I only had it get stuck at a waypoint on one occasion. That problem went away when I removed a point of interest, but I would hate to have to give up that capability in Litchi, and I don't know if that was the actual cause of the problem. I have done several flights without points of interest and have not had that problem arise again (so far).

Thanks for the suggestion. I usually prefer to leave "well enough" alone and avoid updates. Since the situation wasn't in the "well enough" category, I updated Litchi and didn't have any problem ascending during tests this morning. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that the ascending problem has been resolved. I only had it get stuck at a waypoint on one occasion. That problem went away when I removed a point of interest, but I would hate to have to give up that capability in Litchi, and I don't know if that was the actual cause of the problem. I have done several flights without points of interest and have not had that problem arise again (so far).
I suspect something in the settings for that waypoint. Yes, the POI is one of the main reasons to use Litchi and as such, there is a setting where the AC will stop for an action of some kind; start video, take picture, hover in place come to mind.

I haven't used Litchi in quite sometime. I just don't have anything of interest to shoot right now!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20