Couldn't move stick on remote

Reaction score
I was flying and I tried to move forward and to the side and it felt like something was in the remote holding it back. Put it back to center and it was fine. Only happened once. Is this a common issue?

I am not a repair man, and I could be wrong but, it sounds to me like something has broken free or moved from it's correct routing location and can/could/will intermittently jam the controls. As easy as it is to open the RC case and inspect for the source of the problem, I would not fly again until that was done. Here is a link to YouTube on disassembly of the Remote Control for another type of repair. Your RC may be a bit different, I could not find a video of a Phantom 4 Pro controller, but the concept will be similar. Go slow, keep track of your screws, and be very careful around the ribbon cables and electronics. Take as couple of pictures if you think you will forget the replacement order & location of things. After opening it I would gently shake/jiggle it to see if I could locate the issue. I have a feeling it will be easy to determine the problem. I did not watch this video for very long but it looks like a good one. There are others on YouTube if you don't care for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a repair man, and I could be wrong but, it sounds to me like something has broken free or moved from it's correct routing location and can/could/will intermittently jam the controls. As easy as it is to open the RC case and inspect for the source of the problem, I would not fly again until that was done. Here is a link to YouTube on disassembly of the Remote Control for another type of repair. Your RC may be a bit different, I could not find a video of a Phantom 4 Pro controller, but the concept will be similar. Go slow, keep track of your screws, and be very careful around the ribbon cables and electronics. Take as couple of pictures if you think you will forget the replacement order & location of things. After opening it I would gently shake/jiggle it to see if I could locate the issue. I have a feeling it will be easy to determine the problem. I did not watch this video for very long but it looks like a good one. There are others on YouTube if you don't care for this one.
I would, but the problem is I have dji care, and I can't open anything it will ruin my warranty.

I was flying and I tried to move forward and to the side and it felt like something was in the remote holding it back. Put it back to center and it was fine. Only happened once. Is this a common issue?
Had same problem on p3s ,,there was a wire inside catching,,,,I see your point of dji care:)carefully open and look,,,no one know you been in there

So what are my options? I mean, I think I moved the wire out of the way when I went back to center, so it might not be a recurring issue.
Yeh I would open and check just for safety, might be OK but bad to have on your mind while flying

I would, but the problem is I have dji care, and I can't open a

So what are my options? I mean, I think I moved the wire out of the way when I went back to center, so it might not be a recurring issue.
Boy, heck of a chance to take. Besides the chance of hanging up again, you could easily cut the wire harness that is probably the cause of the hang up in the first place. Be a shame to have to send the controller away, for maybe weeks, then have to re-pair the bird to the controller if they send you a substitute.

But if I open it I ruin my dji care warranty
Yip ,,I fix all me faults and bits and pieces to much shipping time where I am,,,if not to confident to open maybe get it checked out just in case wire bit floppy inside,,if you look at a picture of inside you will see wires routed from top feeding down,,sometimes go wrong way and catch on black slide inside rc:)good luck easy fix

But if I open it I ruin my dji care warranty
I would open it up. You will probably never have anything go wrong with it again requiring warranty. Do you void the drone warranty by opening the controller? If not, you can buy a brand new RC for $319 if it did go bonkers and an unwarranted repair was more then half of that.

Yip ,,I fix all me faults and bits and pieces to much shipping time where I am,,,if not to confident to open maybe get it checked out just in case wire bit floppy inside,,if you look at a picture of inside you will see wires routed from top feeding down,,sometimes go wrong way and catch on black slide inside rc:)good luck easy fix
Yeah, where can I get this looked at? And if I open it myself does it cancel my dji care warranty?

Yeah, where can I get this looked at? And if I open it myself does it cancel my dji care warranty?
You won't lose care because no one going to notice it been opened..watch a tube clip,,,OR take it to electronic shop to check for you..:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1