Could use alittle help ...

Reaction score
Ok..Just flew for about 60 mins today. Alittle breezy (15mph winds) Still flew very well. My issue is, I fly my P3P with a galaxy tab S2. My iPad mini2 is in for repair.
I started noticing while recording that the video appears to be blotchy /grainy at times. Pictures are perfect ..
I never noticed this flying with IPad mini. Only S2..I changed my settings to 4k 30fps recently. Should I try 4k 24fps? Or is it just the processor in my tablet? Video link issue? I'm wondering if the video will look better once uploaded to my home computer. My screen did glitch a "tiny bit" at about 3000 ft out, 250 ft high. Signals were excellent on EVERYTHING. No obstruction , flying straight line.
ALSO my map starts out on warmup as a picture of the US. I use my fingers to zoom in but once I get zoomed into my state it is just blank . It won't load the map. No streets , terrain ,nothing. I usually fly my trail that I left on map back home so I can find my way. When I tried it, I was going opposite way. Thankfully I knew the area. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm going back out in 5 mins to fly some more and try to figure some of this out. I'm not saying it's a DJI Go app issue but I never had this problem till I upgraded everything last week. It tells me everything is normal on update but when I go to check to see the versions , it's saying N/A..confused .
1462487587496.jpg
1462487602235.jpg

I'm not saying it's a DJI Go app issue but I never had this problem till I upgraded everything last week. It tells me everything is normal on update but when I go to check to see the versions , it's saying N/A..confused

Mei,

I don't know what's going on but I fly with an Nvidia Shield and the Galaxy S2 and I haven't encountered the issues you're experiencing. Things are pretty calm here right now, is there anything specific I can test for you with my S2?

Jerry

I would suspect the Sammy. I have a Tab pro with a very fast processor and have no problems other than it sucks the life out of the battery and a Tab 3 that won't give me any camera feed but the processor is half that of the Pro with its very high res screen.
Good luck

I'm not much familiar with android devices but to improve views on tablet changing 4K bit rate will not have any effect as transmission is only in 720p. Best way to improve range and streaming quality is to start with minimum transmission rate at 4Mbps. This you can set it on Go App in HD section if you select Custom. Other setting needed is the channel with minimum noise, may be 20. If you have 32 channel hack, it will give you wider choice.

For map to point to your location, location service should be on for Go App. Check how you can get it on yr device. I'm not sure of other settings like developer mode etc.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Mei,

I don't know what's going on but I fly with an Nvidia Shield and the Galaxy S2 and I haven't encountered the issues you're experiencing. Things are pretty calm here right now, is there anything specific I can test for you with my S2?

Jerry
Thank u for response. Im trying a few things right now. Checking settings etc. Thank u though. If I need you to I'll come back and get ya..should be ok..I'm running out of sun lol

I'm not much familiar with android devices but to improve views on tablet changing 4K bit rate will not have any effect as transmission is only in 720p. Best way to improve range and streaming quality is to start with minimum transmission rate at 4Mbps. This you can set it on Go App in HD section if you select Custom. Other setting needed is the channel with minimum noise, may be 20. If you have 32 channel hack, it will give you wider choice.

For map to point to your location, location service should be on for Go App. Check how you can get it on yr device. I'm not sure of other settings like developer mode etc.
Awesome advice , thank you very much. I'll look in my settings on tablet for gps and dji go for transmission settings. I don't have the hack but I'll try switching to 20. Play around with it a bit. See what works best. I just wasn't sure if the blotchy Ness at times would show up on actual footage . I'm sure it will. I DID forget to take it out of airplane mode and it is a tablet with data. Did that maybe affect things alittle ? Just caught that now ...I usually never forget to turn it off. I don't want disruptions. :rolleyes:

I would suspect the Sammy. I have a Tab pro with a very fast processor and have no problems other than it sucks the life out of the battery and a Tab 3 that won't give me any camera feed but the processor is half that of the Pro with its very high res screen.
Good luck
Ok I understand what your saying. I'm not an IOS person but I may go back to my mini 2..This is awesome with the giant flat screen TV monitor but bulky lol

I'm assuming GPS is turned on/being shared?
I see the Channel page. I'm changing down to 20. I've never done this before. Alittle nervous. I've never understood what those bar graphs mean and what to watch for. That was my next project .
1462489678728.jpg
1462489715772.jpg
Im also changing the video from 6 to 4 What does that do, slow the video down some? Is it a big change to how it appears than before? Just curious I guess

I don't see 32 channel hack, you set it to 20 now. But you should check it at the flying site and pick one with the minimum noise or leave it at 20.

Transmission to low Mbps will minimize loss of frame. Try at this setting first. It's safe.

You wanted a little help only, why should we offer more haha

Reactions: meissner58
I don't see 32 channel hack, you set it to 20 now. But you should check it at the flying site and pick one with the minimum noise or leave it at 20.

Transmission to low Mbps will minimize loss of frame. Try at this setting first. It's safe.
Ok..it seems the channel I'm on and channel 20 are stable 17 spikes at times others are kinda quiet . I'll switch to 20..it don't have channel hack and I'm also changing to 4 mbps right now..gunna go test in a minute. I'll report back . Thank you again!:cool:

You wanted a little help only, why should we offer more haha
I feel like I should be paying u for all the help! I sincerely appreciate it all!
Update...It was way worse at 4mbps..I'm wondering..should I try 8? This is so weird . I really don't recall having any of these issues last weekend. I may have to send it in but before I do i will put my iPad mini 2 back on and see how it is or borrow someone's. :confused:
Quick note: I bumped my camera last weekend. Not hard but after inspecting JUST NOW the black ribbon on bottom u see was not inserted 100 percent. Maybe that was issue? I pushed in very lightly and felt like it snapped in place. Unsure what that's for . Hold on...I'll post a picture.

Last edited:
It was unplugged.."just a tad"..I'll take any advise. Gonna go test it quick. Sunset in 30 mins..no pressure!

Reducing bit rate gives you longer range and reduced loss of frames but the quality should be acceptable even at this bit rate. 10 Mbps will definitely give you higher bit rate but you start losing frames at distances. Leave settings at 4mbps and the best channel. You seem to have some other issue. Inspect gray cables first, let them sit firmly then start inspecting black ribbon cables. Are all the three motors working normally?

Reducing bit rate gives you longer range and reduced loss of frames but the quality should be acceptable even at this bit rate. 10 Mbps will definitely give you higher bit rate but you start losing frames at distances. Leave settings at 4mbps and the best channel. You seem to have some other issue. Inspect gray cables first, let them sit firmly then start inspecting black ribbon cables. Are all the three motors working normally?
Ok sounds great. Yes everything's normal ..no other issues

You are the winner today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers