Could this compete with phantom 3

Neat. I like the foldaway / compact design and the basic specs look good enough for many purposes. Not sure they are trying to compete with the Phantom range although undoubtedly they'll bang heads. It's going to ultimately come down to price and positioning eg market / applications. If it's cheap enough it'll sell.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

2 km range
30 min flight time
Looks interesting on paper and will be interesting to see if it can live up to the buzz.
It's a lot bigger than a Phantom when unfolded.
It's not going to match Lightbridge for range ... I wonder what real range will be achievable
The important feature for photographers is that it's able to carry a real camera like an RX100.
But it won't be cheap because the gimbal and camera aren't included.
If the company can deliver it and if it works as suggested, the premium might be the machine of choice for photographers.

It will have a hard time competing against the wizardry of the P4.

Reactions: Frankc
I've been keeping a close eye on this new quad coming out. I'm very excited about the swappable gimbal bay and being able to use optical zoom at a higher altitude, as to not gain any attention from prop noise.

It will take years for any new model to compete with DJI because they have to prove themselves with consumers, retailers, distributors and everyone else. At best they can start chipping away with a % or 2 of the sales. Keep in mind that 1% of DJI sales may be 12,000+ units in 2016. So a company that gets 3% may have enough to continue in business. Still, they are not going to have the economy of scale of DJI so that makes it difficult to compete. The best course of action for new drone companies would be to somehow work around DJI - provide something that DJI is not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic