Costa Rica Regulations

Reaction score
Hi... Does anyone know the current regulations for flying a drone (phantom 4) in Costa Rica? I followed a few links on older threads and it seems that they either no longer work or reference changes (eg do I need a proficiency certificate) that might come into affect... I am going there next month.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was in costa rica a few months ago ... you can pretty much fly it anywhere... people love to come and watch you fly it too...

Only thing to be warned about is leaving costa rica they gave me a semi hard time about it and made me open up my bag and they had to run a check on the batteries but other than that happy flying!

Hi... Does anyone know the current regulations for flying a drone (phantom 4) in Costa Rica? I followed a few links on older threads and it seems that they either no longer work or reference changes (eg do I need a proficiency certificate) that might come into affect... I am going there next month.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tetra9999, Let me know how it went in Costa Rica with the Drone. After talking about different destinations we have decided to go to Costa Rica for about a week. I'd love to hear your experience getting in the country, flying the drone and leaving the country.

Thanks,

Hi. I didn't take it in the end. Had too much luggage and was still on the fence. I wish I did now, it would have been awesome. I saw someone flying one whilst I was there, that got me even more annoyed as he threw it up to get closer to some howling monkeys and must have got a great shot.

I'd say if you don't over pack like me (err.. read wife) and have the space... go for it.

Tetra9999, Let me know how it went in Costa Rica with the Drone. After talking about different destinations we have decided to go to Costa Rica for about a week. I'd love to hear your experience getting in the country, flying the drone and leaving the country.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31