Cosmetic defects

Reaction score
I recently just crashed my phantom 3 standard into the side of my neighbors house and it was pretty much brand new before this. 2 props broke off when it fell on the ground and the body has marks but my concern is the body has a slight disfigurement now and I'm wondering if anybody knows if this will affect anything internally while flying . Also the gimbal makes a strange noise when I simulate tilting the drone but it works perfectly fine which is confusing me .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
I'll try to help you. I had a crash and the body did that. That in itself in no big issue. It can snap back in place and maybe pop back out. Snap it back. Doesn't affect much. Hoped that it took the force and nothing internally got hurt. If something else got damaged, it may manifest itself later if it is running well now. Issues like small cracks can grow and get worse in the electronics. Most likely if there are no issues over the next 10 flights, just my guess, things will be fine in the long run. If there was no gimbal noise before, it is telling you there is a problem. Fine the source of the noise. It most likely will get worse and cause a problem in the future. What action is taking place when you tilt the drone. Roll motor? Is there dirt in the motor? Is it pulling apart? Your call. That is all I can do for you.

the body has marks but my concern is the body has a slight disfigurement now
It looks like the shell just needs to be snapped back together. If that's the case, loosen/remove the screws in the arms (minus the 4 screws that hold each motor into place) and you should have enough room to push the shell back together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers