Corrupted video help

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Me again! (You may remember me from such "halp!!!" threads as "black video screen of death."

Anywho... yesterday I did a bunch of flying and much recording. Such video. Very wow.

Of the 8 videos I recorded, I *know* I turned recording off before turning off the drone in most, if not all cases. (Part of my routine post-flight)

Unfortunately, it seems of the 8 videos, 4 are corrupted. One of which shows that it is 1.2 gigs large (1080p @ 30 FPS). It shows a blank DJI thumbnail in the app, and a time length of about 14 minutes if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I can't play them while streaming from the drone or via my PC after copying over. I've also tried the videorepair utility that was suggested on the regular Vision forum. I also started up the drone and let it sit for 15 minutes, thinking it may scan for and end the video clip. That did nothing, so I turned it off, removed and replaced the SD card, and tried it again. Nothing. SD card is a SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS Memory Card.

Any ideas a) what caused this in the first place and b) how to fix it?

Thanks so much!

You can go into the properties of the card, on pc and have a slow format? Or use the other tools to see if its just the card?

Attachments

• 1234.PNG
    1234.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 579
I did a slow format of the card today. We'll see if it helps any. Also ordered a Samsung PRO microSD to see if it is any more responsive. Just annoyed to have a 1.1 gig file sitting on my HDD being useless. And the 14 mins of video I got was during a game that I will not be able to get the same footage of again. Ugh.

elaijah said:
You can go into the properties of the card, on pc and have a slow format? Or use the other tools to see if its just the card?

This probably isn't a good idea.
You should format the card in the camera.
There is no need to do anything with it from the computer, although you can format an SD card there - with a suitable program.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... a_windows/

This might be useful for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=662846&page=27

Not sure the necessary link is there BUT if you get video repair tool by Grau v1.8 AND you exploit the logic flaw in that demo program you can fix your broken vidz. I have experienced the corrupted gopro video issue twice now and it has helped both times.

You basically need to make a copy of your corrupt file, append it onto the other corrupted video file and let the video repair tool fix it. Because it's demo, it only fixes 50% of the video file, that's why it was needed to append the video onto itself again.

4wd said:
From the app - with camera open click the settings 'cog' and a list pops out on the left, it's the last one at the bottom, you have to scroll down.
If you haven't used this before it might be part of the reason for the lost files.

Had no idea you could scroll down. UGH. I feel so stupid.

vagspel said:
I had this problem with a file and got it fixed via this site.
They test it on line first so you can see if it works.
http://mp4repair.org/pwt6/preview.html
Good luck!

evilfurryone said:

Vagspel's website looks like it can fix the video. It says the video is 95% recoverable (I'm assuming it was just the footer that was corrupted). But they want 42 bucks. I'm tempted to pay it.

The Grau utility can't fix it. It has no clue what is wrong.

Urgh. The video is important enough that I might just have to pull the trigger and pay the 42 bucks.

ircphoenix said:
Hi everybody! Me again! (You may remember me from such "halp!!!" threads as "black video screen of death."

Anywho... yesterday I did a bunch of flying and much recording. Such video. Very wow.

Sent you a link via mail to the video that was fixed!
//gunnar

Have similar issues with corrupted videos that were not finalized properly because I shut down the battery before stopping the recorded video (I forgot).
Is there a program that fixes this sort of thing? Don't want to have to upload a huge file to a website and pay $42 each time.

-Scott

Unfortunately I'm in a spot with bad reception and I can't get past page 8 of the search results looking for answers.

Does anyone know what the light on the front of the gimbal means? Mine is solid red. It turned that way after I stopped recording (turned to solid red once I exited the app). I successfully recorded ONE 7:40 flight today. The other 10+ minute videos in the gallery are doing the unplayable thing with dates "earlier" than today.

I know for a FACT that I haven't turned off the battery prior to stopping the video, because the drone is sitting right here next to me with the battery still on. I'm very frustrated because I caught some pretty good video and the thing is totally worthless to me if it is going to corrupt every single video I take that is over 10 minutes.

I formatted the card last night when it was in the camera following the directions 4wd told me about... and it is still doing this nonsense. I'm super frustrated because I already had to send one drone back with a broken wifi transmitter, now my replacement is recording 25% of the flights I record.

Before sending the bird back try other Micro SD cards. It could be that it does not like that particular card.

There could also be a dirty connector, just a micron of dust can cause problems, the card may not be seated correctly, I have problems sometimes
inserting my cards.

Yeah. New SD card should arrive next week. But I lost over 30 mins of video today. *sigh* Wish I could fix these things without paying 40+ a clip.

Hi
I just purchasd and put setting "-single -noctts"
Dont know but software creates two files cutting video.
Also I felt the output is bit jerky than compare to original I saw.

More Over after repair it plays in VLC but when I import in AfterEffects or Premiere it shows either black or green screen no imagery inside video.

Am I missing something or
Any settings you suggest while repairing ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31