Correct study materials for Part 107?

Reaction score
So I'm aware of the study guide on the FAA site, and have looked through it.

However, after reading some of the posts here, the consensus is that it won't begin to cover the necessary material. Does anyone have a recommended reading list?

Reading sectional charts, that sort of thing.

Thanks.

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
I'll second Sarah Nilsson's test prep guide. I'm going through it right now, along with using The Pilot's Manual - Ground School (PM2) for extra literature. I may try that Done Ground School Study Guide considering it is only $25.

I have a spreadsheet that has the abbreviations on the first tab and reference material on the second tab. You can sort the reference material by each column. The main columns you will probably use are: Reference (which will group all the same books together so you can easily find the sections of the larger manuals that you need to study) and the second column you will most likely use is the Topic. It wouldn't allow me to upload the file. So if you are interested, PM me and I can e-mail you the file. It's only 18k, so it is easily sent via e-mail. Here's a screen grab of a sort by: FAA-H-8083-25 - Pilot`s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (see attached file)

Attachments

• ss-example.png
    ss-example.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 444
I have a spreadsheet that has the abbreviations on the first tab and reference material on the second tab. You can sort the reference material by each column. The main columns you will probably use are: Reference (which will group all the same books together so you can easily find the sections of the larger manuals that you need to study) and the second column you will most likely use is the Topic. It wouldn't allow me to upload the file. So if you are interested, PM me and I can e-mail you the file. It's only 18k, so it is easily sent via e-mail. Here's a screen grab of a sort by: FAA-H-8083-25 - Pilot`s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (see attached file)

Thanks. Sent you a PM.

Great! Thanks for sharing. Can you please send it to me: [email protected] Thanks so much!

It was helpful for me to have a hard copy of this to study with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K0L2WOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A lot of the questions will reference that book–which is provided to you during the test. Study the heck out of the Sectional Chart Legend on page 1. Make sure you can translate the METAR and TAFs in the book. I think you can ignore the instrument photos.

I'm a non-current private pilot. For anyone without that background, I'd suggest digging around to find a commercial online school that has high reviews to pass this little beast.

SB

I took and passed the Part 107 test on August 29th and used only free materials to study. A summary of the resources I used:
Sarah Nillson site: Sarah Nilsson - UAG Test Prep - 1

Rupprecht Law 107 info Free Part 107 Test Study Guide For FAA Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate - Drone Law Attorney Services - Rupprecht Law, PA

The FAA aeronautical knowledge book http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/phak/media/pilot_handbook.pdf

FAA chart users guide: FAA Aeronautical Chart User's Guide

FAA UAS study prep guide (http://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf)

Personally, I think if one is a good test taker and a quick learner, thoroughly going through all the above sites and info and really learning it will result in a more than passing grade on the 107 test. I am sure the ground schools are good too but the materials are all there for free if one wants to go that route.

Reactions: nsheridan19

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4