CoPilot app

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the CoPilot app on a Black Friday deal for $9.99. I ran my first mission today and have a few questions. I'm hoping some of you might be able to educate me.

1. Is there a way to fly over 400 feet in the mission? I have a small mountain I'd like to fly over that is just over 400 feet.

2. What happens if I lose signal between the phantom and transmitter? Will it continue its mission as planned? Will it simply return home?

3. I experienced one episode of live video feed freeze up. I simply alternated the switch from photo to video, and then back to photo and the issue was resolved. Has anyone had similar experience, and if so, what is the solution?

4. How does this compare to other apps? I kind of like to be able to preprogram using the 3-D map and have the phantom do the flying while I concentrate on video and photos.

As always, your advice and shared experience are always appreciated!

Are you referring to Autopilot? If so the limit is 500 meters.

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the CoPilot app on a Black Friday deal for $9.99. I ran my first mission today and have a few questions. I'm hoping some of you might be able to educate me.

1. Is there a way to fly over 400 feet in the mission? I have a small mountain I'd like to fly over that is just over 400 feet.

2. What happens if I lose signal between the phantom and transmitter? Will it continue its mission as planned? Will it simply return home?

3. I experienced one episode of live video feed freeze up. I simply alternated the switch from photo to video, and then back to photo and the issue was resolved. Has anyone had similar experience, and if so, what is the solution?

4. How does this compare to other apps? I kind of like to be able to preprogram using the 3-D map and have the phantom do the flying while I concentrate on video and photos.

As always, your advice and shared experience are always appreciated!

Hey DMac,

To help answers your questions:

1. You can fly over 400 ft in the mission. After setting a keyframe above 400 ft, you'll be prompted if you're sure you want to set that keyframe. Just select yes and wait a second or two for the keyframe to appear.

2. If you lose signal between the phantom and the transmitter, it will automatically initiate return to home and will fly horizontally to the recorded home point and then descend.

3. Sometimes the video feed freezes with the Inspire, but few have experienced problems with the Phantom 3. For now, you can avoid it by checking to make sure nothing is blocking the lightbridge signal. Beyond that, it's an issue we are checking out, and seems to be a hardware issue with the phantom.

4. As of right now, the FreeSkies CoPilot is the only app that will let you preprogram using the 3D map. You can launch in Camera mode that allows you to have full control over the camera while the phantom flies the preprogrammed route.

Hope that helps answers your questions. You can also try CoPilot FREE on the App store. It lets you create autonomous missions, preview your missions, and fly manually. For a $19.95 in app purchase, you can launch in all 3 autonomous modes.

You can also try CoPilot FREE for 14 days. Just visit us online at FreeSkies CoPilot - Autonomous iOS App for Drones. *New users only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers