Coordinates

Reaction score
Looking to do some surveying with my Phantom 3.... Is it possible to hover the drone over a flown to location and read the coordinates?

If not is it possible to get coordinates any other way?

GOOSE

Looking to do some surveying with my Phantom 3.... Is it possible to hover the drone over a flown to location and read the coordinates?
If not is it possible to get coordinates any other way?
No ... but every photo you take has the GPS location in its Exif data.
You could take a photo looking straight down and read the location from the photos.
A hand held GPS might be more suitable?

easy to extract them from the photo?
You just need a program that will display the data.
Photoshop does and many others as well'
Google should help you.
i-H7gLW9v-L.jpg

What Meta has said would certainly work for you. If you are looking for that & more there is a free iOS app I saw recently but have not tried called Altizure. It is a mapping program. I would assume that it records the GPS data and will even make you a 3D map of the location. There is also Pix4Dcapture, also a free iOS app. See if they are something you could use.

What Meta has said would certainly work for you. If you are looking for that & more there is a free iOS app I saw recently but have not tried called Altizure. It is a mapping program. I would assume that it records the GPS data and will even make you a 3D map of the location. There is also Pix4Dcapture, also a free iOS app. See if they are something you could use.
thanks man

Doing surveying wouldn't you want to use UTM coordinates, and not Latitude and longitude.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Litchi for P2 app shows GPS coordinates on the FPV screen. I would imagine the normal Litchi app (for P3) would show the same.

View image: fpv shot
It is the same. I was just getting ready to reply this.

GooseMayne, message me.

Be advised, this display of Litchi Android for P3 which I ran across last night doesn't show coordinates. Not sure what the story is. Does one have to click a box somewhere? I don't know.

Yes. In the settings you have the option of showing the coordinates or not...

you can also take known coordinates and input them into a waypoint and it will automatically drop a way point in that coordinate location.

easy to extract them from the photo?

IRFANVIEW is freeware and probably the best free photo viewer and simple editor out there, especially with the extensions installed (which are also free). It has been around for many years and I use it daily. Just click the menu IMAGE-->INFORMATION-->EXIF INFO and it's all there, including elevation of photo taken. It even has a button to show the location of the photo taken in Google Earth if you wish. If you want coords in real time then Litchi does have an option to show them as stated above, but you would have to capture that somehow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik