Converted my P2V to V3

Reaction score
You might get some calls or text messages now. You have ur number on show :D

dirkclod said:
Tried it out today on range and still have some tweaking to-do as all I could get was 6576' but will work with that as I know I can get more !!

Oh....RUB it in will ya! :D

Notice how the ESC 2.1 have a yellow mark on the capacitor.

We have already seen three marks red, yellow and blue

dirkclod said:
After I messed up my shell I decided to just make mine a P2V/V3 So here it is .
I sent it to UAVDirect and Eric there we came up with what I wanted .
New Shell
New V3 Compass
New V3 GPS
2312 Motor's and V2.1 ESC's
All new cables and just had him check everything out.
Also added a new V3 TX and the FPVLR Bird Side Antenna's
Tried it out today on range and still have some tweaking to-do as all I could get was 6576' but will work with that as I know I can get more !!
It is at least 25% quieter than before and a lot more responsive ! Just got through doing the mod on TX for my antenna's so I haven't flew with the scroll wheel yet and need to do the other mods to it but just gonna fly for awhile :D
I gota Thank Eric at UAV for doing the bird and HappyFlyer for the help with my Antenna set up and other things as well . And Slinger... Thanks for the part bro !!! Here's some pic's .

Me just happier than hell :D
Wow..you turned your phantom into a beast! ! Was that flight with the stock controller? ?

Let me build up to possibly one of my dumber questions. I did NOT like the stock FPV of my AVL58 TX, so bought an antenna kit (helix and pinwheel for the receiver and pinwheel for the transmitter) from Tony and really liked it. My quad will go about about 1200 meters, then when I turn around, I lose video as the bird turns around with the antenna getting blocked by the camera. So, looking around on this board, I decided I HAD to have a Boscam TS353 transmitter. I'm waiting for that to come in as well as the cable kit, etc. THEN I looked around on this board and found that I HAD to have Tony's super cool PENTALOBE antenna. My plan was to maybe mount it to the side rather than behind the quad so that I would have a better chance of maintaining contact when the bird is going away and coming in. Thats the background and now for my stupid question:

Do you have TWO antennas connected to a single PFV transmitter? If so, how? My finite brain is thinking...."if one of Tony's antennas is THIS good, then TWO should rock! I could put one on both sides of my quad and NEVER lose FPV". I have the P2, not the vision, so what the heck ARE all of those antennas stuck to your bird??? :?: OK, that's really more than one question. Last question.....what do you think the chances are of my pastor doing a sermon on coveting this weekend?

Geee, you do love your Phantom, don't you? So much investment in it you could easily buy something better altogether? :p

Never thought to put my TK102 tracker in that position, apart from the 2 cable ties how are you keeping it fixed to the leg ? and are you able to get the battery in and out with ease, as I remove my battery when im not using it.

crash1sttime said:
Never thought to put my TK102 tracker in that position, apart from the 2 cable ties how are you keeping it fixed to the leg ? and are you able to get the battery in and out with ease, as I remove my battery when im not using it.
Here's what I did..I got a piece of plastic burnt three holes in it and super glued a piece of industrial strength velcro on it and mounted it to the leg cadi corner from the compass ..here's the tricky part..on the tk102 you need to scruff up the back where you put the velcro. .make sure to super glue it to the tracker. . Attach it to your phantom. .there's no way it will fall off,but you can put an additional zip tie from the tracker around the leg..

Attachments

• 20150122_100706.jpg
    20150122_100706.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 402
  • 20150122_100646.jpg
    20150122_100646.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 414
dirkclod said:
Edit / Added a different picture with some more color to it and took care of that # issue Cyclone ;)

LMAO :lol: :lol:

Maybe you did something to want to hide :)

dirkclod said:
Ok now we OT :shock:

Thanks to both for the suggestions, mine is currently behind my camera on the underside, thing is if i put it to far back it binds on the camera when it tilts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20