Convert P2 to P2V+

Reaction score
Is there a way to convert a Phantom 2, to a Phantom 2 vision +?
What equipment would I need? Obviously the wifi thingy on the controller, and some transmitters installation on the Phantom itself. I already have a zenmuse gimbal and a gopro which i guess i could use.
Can i have some guidance here?
The only other option i see is to sell the P2 and get a P2V+

You can't convert one to another - the Vision+ camera uses a built-in wifi router to transmit the data to a dedicated app for decoding and displaying. It's integral with the gimbal unit and that in turn uses Vision+ specific connectors onto the main board. That and the P2 runs on 2.4GHz for control and (usually) 5.8GHz for FPV - whereas Vision uses 2.4GHz wifi for FPV and 5.8GHz for control...

You can get your P2 to do the same sort of thing by mounting an FPV system to the GoPro and an On Screen Display (OSD) to show the telemetry data. If you go for a 3D gimbal then you will have the same level of stability.

there are dozens of threads on that topic in the FPV sub-forum, head over there. the absolute cheapest ones with below-average quality antennas and 200mW transmitters are below $300 USD range if you put it all together yourself.

if you want to do it a little better with a 400, 500 or 600mW transmitter and good antennas you're up between 4 and 500

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj