Controls work but no connection to app, no video

Reaction score
!cid_b051e411-13c2-46ae-abb6-2048b491d717@icloud.png
I can't get the app past the 4 initial steps described on the image above.

After selecting Phantom type, the forth step is to backspace and select "camera."

The camera button doesn't get highlighted so I can't select it.

This is after about 15 tries with the Mini 2, if I use the iphone 6 I can click on camera but there is no connection to the Phantom.
I'm on day 3 of trying.

Are you doing this:

Launch GO with device NOT plugged in to the RC
Select your aircraft.
Scroll one screen to the "How to connect"
Power up RC
Power up P3, wait for green on the RC.
Plug device into the RC
Scroll one screen back.
Press Enter Camera View

Thanks for the reply, I followed instructions to the letter. But no camera view. still shows "How to Connect"

Seems like I had to go into the app function and disabled USB or something like that. Anyone else recall that procedure? After, it recognized the tablet and all is well.

If you can't get into the app, then how can you change it?

Seems like I had to go into the app function and disabled USB or something like that. Anyone else recall that procedure? After, it recognized the tablet and all is well.
That was probably the USB debugging for Android devices.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I followed instructions to the letter. But no camera view. still shows "How to Connect"
So if you are following directions, including NOT plugging in your device until almost the last step, have you already tried a different cable? It could be a cable since you said its not working on your iPhone 6 or your Mini 2.

Yes I've tried 4 different cables. I can't even get into the app to verify the version.
Following the same procedure with the Iphone 6, I CAN click on the camera button but I get the "disconnected" button.
I can verify ver 2.4.1 on the Iphone.

Yes I've tried 4 different cables. I can't even get into the app to verify the version.
Following the same procedure with the Iphone 6, I CAN click on the camera button but I get the "disconnected" button.
I can verify ver 2.4.1 on the Iphone.
Okay, so you've tried many cables so that's not it.

When you opened up your RC the other day, did you perhaps inadvertently disconnect the USB jack internally?

Okay, so you've tried many cables so that's not it.

When you opened up your RC the other day, did you perhaps inadvertently disconnect the USB jack internally?
Good point. I did go back in to check again but I was very careful not to even stress any connections and spent a lot of time inspecting. Wish it were that.

I have the same app in both the ipad mini 2 and the iphone 6. I wonder why they respond differently. Neither one connects but at least the iphone opens the app.

You may have disallowed the popup that shows when you plug in the phone/tablet. essentially telling the phone/tablet to not communicate with the controller. Not sure how to reset that choice. Go in to settings, then notifications, and make sure everything is turned on. Something like 7 options. Then test again.

Reactions: Oso
I have the same app in both the ipad mini 2 and the iphone 6. I wonder why they respond differently. Neither one connects but at least the iphone opens the app.
Earlier you said that the camera button doesn't get highlighted with the Mini 2 but it does with the 6. That means both had the app open. You do realize that if you see the "How to Connect" screens that you are actually already in the app?

You may have disallowed the popup that shows when you plug in the phone/tablet. essentially telling the phone/tablet to not communicate with the controller. Not sure how to reset that choice. Go in to settings, then notifications, and make sure everything is turned on. Something like 7 options. Then test again.
I will check that. Thank you.
edit: Yes there are 5 and all are "on"

Last edited:
Reactions: III% Streve
I realize that this sounds off the wall but... If you are using a different SD card then the original 16 gig with an update on it, throw it in and see what happens. I had a bad sd card give me camera problems. I reloaded the firmware that I put on the original card into it and it works. I had a bad card with an update that continually failed because of the card - a 64gig freebie

This is a post ultimately from blade Inspire forum. Somewhere in the dji forum for the P3, support suggested this too so it's probably fine to do. This resets the controller and brings video back.

Try the steps bellow:

- Press the C1 + C2 + Shutter buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
- Then still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Shutter buttons TURN ON the controller.

The controller will do a reset and the video link will be back.

You can search the forums for this to possibly find more info on the procedure. Good luck.

Earlier you said that the camera button doesn't get highlighted with the Mini 2 but it does with the 6. That means both had the app open. You do realize that if you see the "How to Connect" screens that you are actually already in the app?
Another good point.
I realize that this sounds off the wall but... If you are using a different SD card then the original 16 gig with an update on it, throw it in and see what happens. I had a bad sd card give me camera problems. I reloaded the firmware that I put on the original card into it and it works. I had a bad card with an update that continually failed because of the card - a 64gig freebie
Thanks, I took your suggestion but no luck.

This is a post ultimately from blade Inspire forum. Somewhere in the dji forum for the P3, support suggested this too so it's probably fine to do. This resets the controller and brings video back.

Try the steps bellow:

- Press the C1 + C2 + Shutter buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
- Then still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Shutter buttons TURN ON the controller.

The controller will do a reset and the video link will be back.

You can search the forums for this to possibly find more info on the procedure. Good luck.
I tried it. Unless I did it wrong it did not seem to have an effect. Thanks for the input though, appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4