controls stop at extreems

Reaction score
I am sure this has been posted someplace, but just count find it
if this answer does exist please j point me to it.

when flying my phantom2 if I am doing an extreme maneuver lets say full throttle down and full forward, if I try and perhaps give it a bit of side or try and turn some , one of the inputs I am giving to the joysticks seems to go to neural abruptly
so like it will act like I am not giving it any forward stick at all in example.

if I back off from it being at 100% this wont happen.

is there a way to keep this from happening, I tried recalibrating the joysticks but still happens

I had a similar thing happen to me recently. We were chasing my FC40 over the lake, doing a max speed test. Was flying full speed straight ahead then suddenly it stopped and just hovered. Regained control within a seconds and took it home with no more problems.

I recall reading somewhere about a safety feature in the software that may cause this. Something about the commands being in the same position for a period of time, as it might behave in a flyaway.

Anyway according to the Seadoo's speedometer, it was flying at 34 into a light headwind and 36 with a light tailwind.

In the manual is a reference to max distance or height. Also called the fence limit. It will stop the quad mid flight. It is like hitting a brick wall. The adjustments are in the software. There are several YouTube video that explain and show what is happening.

Thanks Jerry, I watched the "geo fence" videos. That's probably what happened to me, assuming that the distance of the fence is set from the home point and not the physical location of the controller. I was only about 100 ft behind it at all times while chasing from a boat and I assumed that the fence limit would move as the controller moved. My distance is set at 2000 meters and that's about how far I was from my home point on shore. Didn't quite make it to the other side of the lake so now it seems all I have to do is change the limit to 3000 and I'll be able to land on the other side.

definably isn't that either..

its like only one of the axis on the joystick goes to neutral.
again backing off from it being at it's extreme, will correct it

Giving it 100% left stick down will start it's landing procedure (it wont accept inputs from right stick, just throttle). It happens when going over 90% left stick down for 3 seconds, if you keep to under 90% you can still manoeuvre with the right stick.

eg, if you are flying forwards and hit 100% left stick down for a few seconds, it will stop abruptly and start descending. Keep it under 90% and you can still use the right stick.

Giving it 100% left stick down will start it's landing procedure (it wont accept inputs from right stick, just throttle). It happens when going over 90% left stick down for 3 seconds, if you keep to under 90% you can still manoeuvre with the right stick.

eg, if you are flying forwards and hit 100% left stick down for a few seconds, it will stop abruptly and start descending. Keep it under 90% and you can still use the right stick.

ahhhhhh I have been having the same thing happen to me when ever I'm trying to drop altitude fast the right stick never seems to do any thing intill I let off of the left stick. But if raising altitude I can use the right stick at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik