Controllers gone wonky

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 2 about 2 weeks ago. It came with 2 controllers, the original with the gimbal control on the back and the upgrade with the gimbal control wheel in the upper left corner. I decided to use the newer one, and was able to fly successfully about 6 times. I attached the Zenmuse and it seemed like the Phantom didn't recognize the controller any more. I searched several sources and found the reference to resetting the Zenmuse, which I did, and got the amber LED. I updated the Zenmuse drivers, but that didn't solve the problem. The drone still doesn't recognize the controller. I reset the link button, but no joy.

Just on a whim I decided to link the original controller to the drone. After calibration, it worked fine! Yesterday! Today it seems the joysticks have decided to control other functions. For instance, last night to increase throttle, I pushed the throttle control stick away from me. Today I have to pull it back. Yesterday to fly forward, I pushed the pitch stick forward. Today I have to pull it back. Yesterday I started motors by pulling both sticks to the center and back; today I push forward and to the right on both. Very frustrating!

Ideas? Thanks
Mark

Maybe you changed the Stick Mode when you linked the RC?

Not sure about the P2, but the P3 uses Stick Mode 2 as the default and is on the same RC Settings page in the Pilot app.

IMG_0009_zps82onoetm.jpg

In regards to controls being reversed, start phantom assist and check the controller and make sure that you are on mode 2 and that each channel is marked NORM and NOT REV.

You will need to recalibrate your sticks. Plug the usb into controller and start RC12. Calibrate all sticks including the rear slider.

In regards to the new controller, can you check if its 2.4ghz or 5.8Ghz? 2.4Ghz is for the P2 Non vision and 5.8Ghz is for the Vision series.
If they are correct, maybe check that you are binding it correctly. Once bound, recalibrate all sticks and tilt dial in the RC12. Then repeat in the Phantom Assist to make sure all limits are hit and that all sticks are NORM and NOT REV.

Reactions: rotrhead
New units do not come with two RC controller. On the zenmuse how many motor does have? if only two that is h3-2d gimbal and the newer RC unit is not compatible.

In regards to controls being reversed, start phantom assist and check the controller and make sure that you are on mode 2 and that each channel is marked NORM and NOT REV.

You will need to recalibrate your sticks. Plug the usb into controller and start RC12. Calibrate all sticks including the rear slider.

In regards to the new controller, can you check if its 2.4ghz or 5.8Ghz? 2.4Ghz is for the P2 Non vision and 5.8Ghz is for the Vision series.
If they are correct, maybe check that you are binding it correctly. Once bound, recalibrate all sticks and tilt dial in the RC12. Then repeat in the Phantom Assist to make sure all limits are hit and that all sticks are NORM and NOT REV.

Thanks Mako79, that worked, at least for the original controller. I haven't tried the upgrade yet, but all controls seem to be back to normal.

Thanks Mako79, that worked, at least for the original controller. I haven't tried the upgrade yet, but all controls seem to be back to normal.

You still haven't answered the question on how you came to have two RC units.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20