Controller Works but will not Start the Phantom

Reaction score
Hello,

I just updated to the new firmware, and everything seemed ok until I went out for my test flight. I let the Phantom set before trying to start up. When everything looked ready to go, I tried to start up the Phantom but got no response from the controller to the Phantom. I recalibrated and tested the controls. Everything is responding. I even did the set up in the advanced manual, same thing. Everything seems to work and read correctly. When I toggle through GPS to ATTI the LED lights blink to the corrects settings.

Why won't my Controller Start the Phantom?

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS, PLEASE....??!!

Have you ever flown the phantom???

I assume you have read all the manuals and understand exactly what the controls and flights modes do etc. . . .

I'd say it one of two things:
1) the controller needs to bind with the naza again.
2) you haven't read the CSC section of the manuals.

Motors star when you perform CSC stick moves:
CSC-Stick-Moves.jpg

I have flown many times before the firmware update, but still learning. I have tried starting it in every direction possible with the sticks. It will respond to the GPS to ATTI switch just fine with indication from the Phantom's LEDs, so it has to be connected.

Hmmm, that said i only could suggest to check and perform TX calibration in Naza Assistant

Any suggestions on how to do that. I even tried resetting the controller from the advanced manual direction, which seemed to work, but same thing.

Going to Naza and perform TX calib moving sticks around and checking if values change and controls on screen follow your stick moves

I have even done that.... Controls work in sync with what is on screen from the program. I'm stumped

Are you getting 4 yellow blonks.... Then green-green .... 20 green blinks and finally a green. -green? If phantom doesn't complete warm cycle, your motors wont't start. Thas is a safe level introduced with 3.1.2. and 3.1.4 firmwares.

I have tried everything that makes since, and still having problems starting the Phantom. I need help!

Did you ever figure out the issue with this one? I have the exact same problem. Tried everything including:

- Calibrated the IMU both basic and then advanced.
- Calibrated the TX
- Calibrated compass
- Warmed up IMU
- All signals go on LED status and the GPs-ATT toggle registers the correct blinks- also I'll get two green blinks when trying my CSC that indicated the MC is getting the commands from the TX.

Still, motors don't power up. Not my first Phantom, so I've done a power up before- just not working with this new one.

I also tried rolling back to 2.12 Naza assistant and 3.12 firmware. Nothing...

alienwax said:
I have tried everything that makes since, and still having problems starting the Phantom. I need help!

Did you ever figure out the issue with this one? I have the exact same problem. Tried everything including:

- Calibrated the TX
- Calibrated compass
- Warmed up IMU
- All signals go on LED status and the GPs-ATT toggle registers the correct blinks- also I'll get two green blinks when trying my CSC that indicated the MC is getting the commands from the TX.

Still, motors don't power up. Not my first Phantom, so I've done a power up before- just not working with this new one.

Am a complete newbie to all this RC flying, but have unpacked my brand new Phantom, been through all the checks, IMU, GPS, Compass etc and as the correspondent says, the props do not rotate. Signals are being rec'd by the copter when I alter stick positions but no action. Any help would be very much appreciated; sure realise I have a great deal to learn, cheers

well, lo and behold and following my post last night I asked the question about how to start the Phantom, on Google, found another forum and the answer! You have to move both sticks down diagonally to the left and the props started--now WHERE does it say that in the operating manual? I didn't see it, maybe it is there but isn't it often the case, that the most important and critical step is missed out, probably 'cus it is so obvious to the manufacturer/ manual writer. I don't know, or are we supposed to be born with this sort of knowledge?? Good luck. Also to stop the props, put them both back diagonally into the corner, as that was the next problem--how do u stop To speed up so it takes off, not that I have done that yet, just use the left stick and push it forward. All the best.

Jeroam said:
alienwax said:

- Calibrated the TX
- Calibrated compass
- Warmed up IMU

Bought my Phantom in may. Out of the box (version 3.10) it didn't start. I did get all the correct blinks and the fast green when trying the CSC. I started to calibrate sticks, advanced IMU calibration and it started.
Next flight the same problem, i upgraded to version 3.12, did IMU calibration and it started. A few day's later, motors didn't start again.

So now i have to do a basic IMU calibration almost every time i want to fly. I have three accupacks, when motors start i can fly with every accu with no problem. But when i try to fly a few day's later my motors don't start most of the time.
Connecting with Naza assistent it say's most of the time 'no calibration needed', sometimes it say's (basic) 'IMU calibration needed'. I never get an Error 26 code or whatever.
I do get all the correct blinks: Fast yellow for warm up, double green/yellow blinks for GPS/Atti with 3,2,1,0 red for GPS connection. After that only double green/yellow if my throttle stick is down and single green/yellow if all sticks are centered.
i get the forward and homelock (20?) fast green lights.
Then it gets exciting, will it start or not. I do get the multiple fast green lights when bringing the sticks down for CSC, sometimes followed by the nice sound of fast turning props, but most of the time i have to get inside the house to my pc, or bring the laptop out.

It seems to me that there is a battery inside the phantom wich looses power after i don't use it for a few day's, wich has to be reset with power from the LiPo and the basic IMU calibration. After that it alway's immediately starts.
But AFAIK there's only one small battery soldered onto the GPS, wich cannot be changed. I wonder if that's the problem, it's the only thing i can imagine being the problem.

The workaround for me is doing basic IMU calibrations whenever i want to fly, it only takes away part of the pleasure.

PhantomHubert said:
Jeroam said:
alienwax said:

- Calibrated the TX
- Calibrated compass
- Warmed up IMU

Bought my Phantom in may. Out of the box (version 3.10) it didn't start. I did get all the correct blinks and the fast green when trying the CSC. I started to calibrate sticks, advanced IMU calibration and it started.
Next flight the same problem, i upgraded to version 3.12, did IMU calibration and it started. A few day's later, motors didn't start again.

So now i have to do a basic IMU calibration almost every time i want to fly. I have three accupacks, when motors start i can fly with every accu with no problem. But when i try to fly a few day's later my motors don't start most of the time.
Connecting with Naza assistent it say's most of the time 'no calibration needed', sometimes it say's (basic) 'IMU calibration needed'. I never get an Error 26 code or whatever.
I do get all the correct blinks: Fast yellow for warm up, double green/yellow blinks for GPS/Atti with 3,2,1,0 red for GPS connection. After that only double green/yellow if my throttle stick is down and single green/yellow if all sticks are centered.
i get the forward and homelock (20?) fast green lights.
Then it gets exciting, will it start or not. I do get the multiple fast green lights when bringing the sticks down for CSC, sometimes followed by the nice sound of fast turning props, but most of the time i have to get inside the house to my pc, or bring the laptop out.

It seems to me that there is a battery inside the phantom wich looses power after i don't use it for a few day's, wich has to be reset with power from the LiPo and the basic IMU calibration. After that it alway's immediately starts.
But AFAIK there's only one small battery soldered onto the GPS, wich cannot be changed. I wonder if that's the problem, it's the only thing i can imagine being the problem.

The workaround for me is doing basic IMU calibrations whenever i want to fly, it only takes away part of the pleasure.

That is too bad, but at least you are still in the air! I finally figured out my issue and am back up there too. Apparently during one of the updated my control stick got reversed, so to start the motors I actually had to push the sticks up and to the corners. A quick plug into the Naza Assistant and I was able to flip to orientation back to normal. Begs the question, who would want to fly with everything reversed?

I'm a newbie with RC flying too. Bought my first ever; a Phantom. New out of the box, watched every tutorial about 3 times.. everything seemed right, but the Phantom didn't started..

I've send mine back to the shop and they've send me a new one, without any problems. Just to mention.. I was sooooo enthoustiastic that I forgot about the tutorials totally and right away send my Phantom to heaven. 1 minute of pure pleasure but then it was gone.. with the wind... forever...

That's what i thought. I even forgot to put the controller in GPS mode, so I discovered minutes after it disappeared. When I saw this, I immediately put it on GPS mode. I walked half an hour searching for my new man's toy :p totally underestimed the Phantom. I was so disappointed when it disappeared :'(((( but when I got back at the place where I first started THERE IT WAS!!! Safe and sound blinking its lights.. MY god I was soooo happy!

So, be carefull!

tvandergraaf said:
I'm a newbie with RC flying too. Bought my first ever; a Phantom. New out of the box, watched every tutorial about 3 times.. everything seemed right, but the Phantom didn't started..

I've send mine back to the shop and they've send me a new one, without any problems. Just to mention.. I was sooooo enthoustiastic that I forgot about the tutorials totally and right away send my Phantom to heaven. 1 minute of pure pleasure but then it was gone.. with the wind... forever...

That's what i thought. I even forgot to put the controller in GPS mode, so I discovered minutes after it disappeared. When I saw this, I immediately put it on GPS mode. I walked half an hour searching for my new man's toy :p totally underestimed the Phantom. I was so disappointed when it disappeared :'(((( but when I got back at the place where I first started THERE IT WAS!!! Safe and sound blinking its lights.. MY god I was soooo happy!

So, be carefull!

LOL....that's amazing....good for you !!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl