Controller won't update

Reaction score
Hi again,

I received excellent advice here when I had questions about the Phantom that I purchased for my hubby's birthday last year. I'm back with questions about the Phantom 3, he's getting for our 30th anniversary.

I charged both batteries then updated the helicopter with no issues with update 1.2.8. I checked the .txt msg which told me I was successful but that gave me false confidence. Then I tried the controller. The battery was charged, it was turned off and I put the card reader in with the disk that had the update on it. I clicked the power on switch, the LED lights came on briefly and then nothing. I waited the 60 secs, then another and another. Nothing happened. I left it for about 15 minutes and when I got back, there were no blue lights or anything indicating it was on. I even copied the firmware file to a thumb drive and tried with the same results.

I thought that maybe the battery hadn't charged after all so hooked it up to the charger and the LED lights came on indicating it was charging. After the lights went out, I tried the update again and nothing happened other than the LED lights briefly flashing. No blue lights or blinking lights... Nothing.

The controller will flash the LED lights once and only once after it's unplugged from the charger. That's it. No other lights indicating it's on or off so I'm not sure if it is on... or off.

What am I doing wrong?

Well of course... after I tried 500 times yesterday and once already this morning AND after I post .... I got it. Good grief.

I think I was waiting too long between depressing the "ON" button the first time and then the 2nd time.

Thanks!

Well of course... after I tried 500 times yesterday and once already this morning AND after I post .... I got it. Good grief.

I think I was waiting too long between depressing the "ON" button the first time and then the 2nd time.

Thanks!
Whe you say "I got it", do you mean you got the blue light going too or did it just indicate that you had the update in the DJI Pilot app?

It updated!! The .txt message said so. :D

All it took was posting here. :p

But I have another question but will search for the answer first.

Did the blue light come on?

I didn't see the blue lights. It had shut down by the time I got back to it. So maybe it didn't update properly?

Here is what the .txt msg said:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.02.0008.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

There is just one message. Should there be two?

I have no idea. I'm new to the P3 and had the same problem as you. I just stopped trying to update it and have been waiting for them to send out a new patch.

Hi again,

I received excellent advice here when I had questions about the Phantom that I purchased for my hubby's birthday last year. I'm back with questions about the Phantom 3, he's getting for our 30th anniversary.

I charged both batteries then updated the helicopter with no issues with update 1.2.8. I checked the .txt msg which told me I was successful but that gave me false confidence. Then I tried the controller. The battery was charged, it was turned off and I put the card reader in with the disk that had the update on it. I clicked the power on switch, the LED lights came on briefly and then nothing. I waited the 60 secs, then another and another. Nothing happened. I left it for about 15 minutes and when I got back, there were no blue lights or anything indicating it was on. I even copied the firmware file to a thumb drive and tried with the same results.

I thought that maybe the battery hadn't charged after all so hooked it up to the charger and the LED lights came on indicating it was charging. After the lights went out, I tried the update again and nothing happened other than the LED lights briefly flashing. No blue lights or blinking lights... Nothing.

The controller will flash the LED lights once and only once after it's unplugged from the charger. That's it. No other lights indicating it's on or off so I'm not sure if it is on... or off.

What am I doing wrong?
Hi again,

What am I doing wrong?
I had the same problem. Talked with support and was told if you have the GL300B version control it was sent with the latest update. The GL300B not A is the newest version and it will update wirelessly at a later time. I have flown my drone 16 times and it has worked perfectly.

I had the same problem. Talked with support and was told if you have the GL300B version control it was sent with the latest update. The GL300B not A is the newest version and it will update wirelessly at a later time. I have flown my drone 16 times and it has worked perfectly.

Just checked my controller and it is the B version. It would be nice if DJI had enclosed an FYI if an update is not needed.

Reactions: Bigfoot_Hunter
I spent 2 nights till 3 am playing with it. I actually got a bad cold from stressing. I must say when I finally found out I was in shock this is not posted all over their site. Being a technical person, I did not want to fly it till it was perfect. Reality is that we are all beta testers for a new field. These are the Apple TRS 80's in comparison. Exciting and it can be frustrating. We will say, "remember when."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20