controller wont connect to phantom 3

Reaction score
I received my new phantom 3 pro 2 days ago, spent a day learning all possible, and then yesterday went to fly. The rf controller does not link to the aircraft. All firmware updates are set, the drone (according to its lights) gets a gps fix, etc., I can move the camera...but have no connection to the drone. Also, in the DJI pilot I cannot change the rf controller from 'Off'. Thoughts?

The firmware in the aircraft has been updated to 1.1.9. When I try and update the controller I get the message "the firmware on the card is identical to the firmware on the remote controller"

iOS = firmware update before you can use.
The firmware in the aircraft has been updated to 1.1.9. When I try and update the controller I get the message "the firmware on the card is identical to the firmware on the remote controller"

You say you have no connection to the bird but you can move the camera so, it's connected. Are you talking about your phone/tablet not connecting? If so, what are you using? IOS, Android, phone or tablet?

You say you have no connection to the bird but you can move the camera so, it's connected. Are you talking about your phone/tablet not connecting? If so, what are you using? IOS, Android, phone or tablet?

I am having the exact same issue. I already have flown it 20 times without error and today it does this.

The drone is connected to the remote because I can fly it around. VPS works. Shows disconnected in the app. Just for troubleshooting sake I will mention I am up to date on the firmware in both controller and drone. I am running the current pilot app and the most current iOS. Everything worked fine yesterday and today without charging it doesn't work. I used three different cords to be sure that wasn't the issue. The cords connect like normal with the pop up for trust this app which I always ignore. I can control the gimbal as well.

Any ideas please post.

I tried using an iPhone instead of an iPad and it worked fine. so I just rebooted iPad and it worked fine.

I am using Android... phone and tablet.

The drone is connected to the remote because I can fly it around. VPS works. Shows disconnected in the app. Just for troubleshooting sake I will mention I am up to date on the firmware in both controller and drone. I am running the current pilot app and the most current iOS. Everything worked fine yesterday and today without charging it doesn't work. I used three different cords to be sure that wasn't the issue. The cords connect like normal with the pop up for trust this app which I always ignore. I can control the gimbal as well.

Any ideas please post.
Did you touch "trust this app" or ignore it?

I don't have an IOS device, I'm running Android But I have had several instances where I wouldn't get a video feed from the camera. Also, everytime I connect my tablet I have to set it as a modem.
I am using Android... phone and tablet.
Okay, been messing with a few things and I've found a similar issue with my Android device. When I first plug in and turn on the TX I get the usual pop up that asks what I want the USB connection to do. IE charge, media, Ethernet, etc...With my LG Gtab and my droid ultra maxx I have to select either Ethernet or modem to get the picture and get it to connect. Now, I am having an issue where if I select the advanced mode in the camera I get NO picture feed from the camera. Not sure yet what that's all about but I'm working on it.
Did you check to make sure that the USB debugging is still active? I had it change on its own twice now.

I don't have an IOS device, I'm running Android But I have had several instances where I wouldn't get a video feed from the camera. Also, everytime I connect my tablet I have to set it as a modem.

Okay, been messing with a few things and I've found a similar issue with my Android device. When I first plug in and turn on the TX I get the usual pop up that asks what I want the USB connection to do. IE charge, media, Ethernet, etc...With my LG Gtab and my droid ultra maxx I have to select either Ethernet or modem to get the picture and get it to connect. Now, I am having an issue where if I select the advanced mode in the camera I get NO picture feed from the camera. Not sure yet what that's all about but I'm working on it.
Did you check to make sure that the USB debugging is still active? I had it change on its own twice now.
Make sure you turn off the wireless on the android before trying to connect. I don't get that question with my android or Ipad. The only question it asks it "Trust this computer?" and the answer is yes.

1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.
2. Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Today I turned the phantom adv on and it connected to the controller and I was getting readings on the app like altitude but NO PICTURE. The camera hung limp. I tried rebooting the the software and the iPad as this worked previously but it didn't this time. Same thing happened after two reboots. Got home, tried again. Same thing. Removed the sd card and put it back in. Fired up the controller and the phantom but not the the app. Took control of the camera after the boot up moving the gimbal for about 30 seconds. Opened the app and it worked fine. I'm not loving the software glitches thus far. I also thought I would be able to fly it with waypoints. so far I have only been able to reach 720m away before it starts to show "weak rc signal". Having a blast with it. If it only flew straight up 200 meters and looked around i would still be happy with it.

Reactions: bbfpv
Today only one block away from me at 400ft the signal cut out. It said disconnected. I tried RTH, nothing. Previously when I had flown it past its range it went into RTH on its own with full battery. I looked around for it where I thought it was on the ground I thought it fell out of the sky. It seemed like forever cuz I was freaking out. It was right in the sun from my angle. Went back home to see if it returned. It had not, it was in the exact spot that it cut out because I didn't monkey with the sticks. I finally spotted it and landed it with 32% (once I rebooted DJI pilot app it worked again). I'm scared to fly it with all the software issues I'm having. I was adjusting settings to 5 bracketed HDR when it cut out

I had a similar problem. New Phantom 3 Advanced out of the box will not connect remote to Phantom 3. Get a message stating 'Poor Signal from interference' I moved to 3 different locations. Still got the same message. Any thoughts?

I've been flying my p3p with an ipad mini 2 and an android mi pad 2, and using the Go app, the mi pad 2 gives me a much better fpv feed (but then it's a quad core vs dual core etc). I got litchi, and have been flying waypoint missions great. However, yesterday, litchi first came up with a 'lost gps signal - connect gps handset?' message (or something like that), then crashed whilst I was in mid-air, and after that the tablet refuses to connect to either the dji app or litchi. It also doesn't pop up with the app selection prompt when I plug the tablet into the RC unit. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic