Controller Throttle Question

Reaction score
Hey there,

I just got my Phantom & am setting it up but am having a few issues.

1. The controller for the lift/descend/rotate is spring loaded & always returns to the centre. From the tutorials I see online it says to start by having the power down ie lever down but it wont stay at the bottom.

2. Also Ive got communication between the controller & the aircraft as the lights work & change etc but no power to the props.

Any ideas

Lach

The newer ones have spring-loaded throttle.
Both left & right sticks have to be moved to bottom corners at the same time to start motors.

Just seems like I solved the problem. I think I had to hold the throttle down for a few seconds to initiate (or something). Anyway it worked & nearly woke all my kids who were sleeping as I didn't think it would go!!

Is that the new way of shipping them, with the throttle returning to the centre?

Lach

To star the motor:Pushing throttle stick before takeoff will not start the motors. You have to execute any one of
following four Combination Stick Commands (CSC) to start motors.

Pull both sticks to ANY bottoms in any combination to arm the motors.

Lachyfly said:
Just seems like I solved the problem. I think I had to hold the throttle down for a few seconds to initiate (or something). Anyway it worked & nearly woke all my kids who were sleeping as I didn't think it would go!!

Is that the new way of shipping them, with the throttle returning to the centre?

Lach

Many prefer the throttle to spring back to the center position, so that when they fly FPV the Phantom will maintain the altitude better. You don't have to keep your eyes on the throttle stick and keep it center any more. So now the new Phantom shipped with this new feature. Older TX can be modified with add-on new parts.

Thanks guys, I have a feeling I might be in this forum a bit! I think I will much prefer the new feature especially at altitude when its hard to tell.

Lachyfly said:
Thanks guys, I have a feeling I might be in this forum a bit! I think I will much prefer the new feature especially at altitude when its hard to tell.

Ones who fly rc helicopter feel unease having the throttle at the center at all time. So if they have new TX, they may remove the spring but for me I have older TX but I added the detent so I can "feel" the center position. :D

tanasit said:
Lachyfly said:

Lach

Many prefer the throttle to spring back to the center position, so that when they fly FPV the Phantom will maintain the altitude better. You don't have to keep your eyes on the throttle stick and keep it center any more. So now the new Phantom shipped with this new feature. Older TX can be modified with add-on new parts.

I have an older one and want it to spring back for the FPV, what can i buy to make it do that ? or atleast tell where the center is?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj