Controller signal problem with 2.4ghz transmitter FC40

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently installed a 2.4ghz boscam FPV transmitter on my phantom FC40 I have a 5" screen with a built in 2.4ghz receiver along with a gro pro 3 sending the signal down.. Now to the issue...! I flew it earlier today and my phantom kept going into fail safe mode and I nearly lost control a couple of times with 2 red blinking lights on the led I quickly switched in to ATTI mode and bought her down to safety. Does any one know what the problem would be? I purchased the 2.4ghz transmitter as I know the fc40 controller runs on 5.8ghz so I was trying to prevent things like this. Any help would be amazing. From a not so confident pilot ! ;(

Hi everyone. I recently installed a 2.4ghz boscam FPV transmitter on my phantom FC40 I have a 5" screen with a built in 2.4ghz receiver along with a gro pro 3 sending the signal down.. Now to the issue...! I flew it earlier today and my phantom kept going into fail safe mode and I nearly lost control a couple of times with 2 red blinking lights on the led I quickly switched in to ATTI mode and bought her down to safety. Does any one know what the problem would be? I purchased the 2.4ghz transmitter as I know the fc40 controller runs on 5.8ghz so I was trying to prevent things like this. Any help would be amazing. From a not so confident pilot ! ;(

How about an update on your issue. Are you still up the creek without a paddle?

Ahhhh yes it's been sorted now. The problem was that I was told on a forum that the FC40 control run at 5.8ghz because the camera that came with it was 2.4ghz but that was not true the controller is also 2.4ghz so I scrapped me 2.4ghz fpv and purchased a 5.8ghz all runs smoothly now. Thanks for the concern my friend :)

Ahhhh yes it's been sorted now. The problem was that I was told on a forum that the FC40 control run at 5.8ghz because the camera that came with it was 2.4ghz but that was not true the controller is also 2.4ghz so I scrapped me 2.4ghz fpv and purchased a 5.8ghz all runs smoothly now. Thanks for the concern my friend :)

I don't think you have a FC40 then.

I have both the FC40 and the P1.

The FC40 runs on 5.8 control. That is a "For sure truism". I run the WiFi on the gopro which is 2.4... All has been well like that for almost a year.

I also have a P1 and the control on that bird is 2.4, so my FPV setup is 5.8.

Take a look on the belly of your bird. Sounds like someone did a control frequency swap, not easy or cheap, but possible. OR you've got a P1. They are virtually the same machine, minus control frequency.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted out... :D
I'm concerned that you think you got bad info somewhere. I would like to help you sort out which bird you have. My nickle says it's a P1. :)

It's had a NAZA v2 in it though and it came with the 2.4ghz camera that you get with the fc40 ... ?

I'm really confused now lol.. I purchased it new and it was sold as an FC40 I did get the little camera with it which I never really used as I planned a full FPV set up

I don't think you have a FC40 then.

I have both the FC40 and the P1.

The FC40 runs on 5.8 control. That is a "For sure truism". I run the WiFi on the gopro which is 2.4... All has been well like that for almost a year.

I also have a P1 and the control on that bird is 2.4, so my FPV setup is 5.8.

Take a look on the belly of your bird. Sounds like someone did a control frequency swap, not easy or cheap, but possible. OR you've got a P1. They are virtually the same machine, minus control frequency.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted out... :D
I'm concerned that you think you got bad info somewhere. I would like to help you sort out which bird you have. My nickle says it's a P1. :)

It was this message I was referring to my apologies

It was this message I was referring to my apologies

So I have figured it out, the P1 and FC40 are basically the same drone except the earlier P1's have the NAZA V1 inside.

I have the FC40 but basically DJI paired the wrong controller with it so it's running at 2.4ghz it's not a problem as I've hooked up a 5.8ghz FPV now anyway so no fly always heading my way.

Anyway thanks for the help everyone.

Jim

Can someone tell me if this is a FC40 or not ? I purchased at a thrift store without a transmitter and the people at the Hobby Stores out here are no help.
Thank you !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 393
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 356
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 430
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 354
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 366
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 352
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 320
That's what I was first told. Then I went online and sent a company photos and they said I had a FC40 because of the camera bracket that's mounted underneath.

the FC40 is a P1 with the camera
Did you get the camera with it?
I think you need a 5.8ghtz remote
Not sure if the P3S remote will work

Last edited:
No camera with it unfortunately. I did try the P1 transmitter with no luck, I also tried the P Vision with no luck. I just keep getting a flashing yellow light from the board inside.

The camera was actually pretty good for it's time and good wifi range.
Did you bind the new transmitter?
Been awhile but I think the button is inside the battery compartment
Newer versions have the button on the outside

The camera was actually pretty good for it's time and good wifi range.
Did you bind the new transmitter?
Been awhile but I think the button is inside the battery compartment
Newer versions have the button on the outside
Yes I tried that but still no luck.

Then my guess is there's something wrong with the phantom.
that's probably why it didn't come with anything else

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd