Controller signal lost

Reaction score
Just bought my standard last week and I'm still learning things but have been running into an issue that I can't seem to figure out.

I randomly lose signal from the controller, but thankfully the drone always returns home.

Just a bit ago I was 2XX feet in the air and not even 60 feet away in distance and I lost signal. I've only been able to get above 250 feet once, doesn't matter how far away the drone is from the controller. While I'm still having fun I can't help but think this not normal at all.

Maybe it's an issue with the new firmware but I don't know since I immediately updated out of the box.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Here are some things to check:

1) There could be a lot of interference in the area where you're flying. If you haven't tried flying in a different location, give that a try and see if your range improves.

2) If the antenna wire becomes disconnected inside of your remote controller, the range will decrease greatly. If you haven't dropped your remote controller and/or damaged the base of the antenna, then this is not likely the case.

3) Make sure the flat side of the remote controller antenna is always pointed at your Phantom -- like this:

P3-Antenna-Position-Single.jpg

I've flown in 2 different areas and getting the same results no matter where. Getting my flight logs now to see what I can figure out.

Controller has not been dropped and I've messed with the direction of the antenna to no avail.

Sounds like the firmware prob that lots of us are having! Dji say they are working on a solution

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really? Where and when did they say this?
The only thing they say is to position the antennas correctly or to send it back

about two weeks ago on the Facebook page 'DJI Support'

Problem landed with the last f/w update! I had only had mine about five days and it was brilliant! Perfect video from 120m up and as far as I dared to fly it away from me...with the update it was sometimes losing feed at 10m!

After many resets/delte and re-install app etc I am currently hitting a ceiling at 95m....pop! lights go out every time! :-(

about two weeks ago on the Facebook page 'DJI Support'

Problem landed with the last f/w update! I had only had mine about five days and it was brilliant! Perfect video from 120m up and as far as I dared to fly it away from me...with the update it was sometimes losing feed at 10m!

After many resets/delte and re-install app etc I am currently hitting a ceiling at 95m....pop! lights go out every time! :-(

Hey bro you are not the only one having this issue.. i m loosing radio signal at 40m - 60m.. some people video signal like you.. it comes with the new 1.6.80 update, and thee are lot of people out there having the same issue.. if you ask DJI they will say to send the drone back to repair, that is the only thing they say and still there is no clear solution for this.. but we can wait for another fixed firmware upgrade, yesterday came a new firmware for phantom 3 pro, so I hope standard will also get new one very soon, and if it is not going to fix the problem, we all have send i back, including you and me..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav