controller Mount for TP link 9DB wifi antenna

Reaction score
Guys,
I was afraid my question was going to get swallowed up in the huge 102 page thread on the repeater mods. I was wondering for those of you who went with the TP link 9db antenna...what did you use to mount it to the controller? Im hoping the get something on amazon that will do the trick. Looking for any advice.
Thanks Guys
Luke

Just have to copy what you have seen or get creative
I have seen double sided tape, Velcro , go pro mounts, camera quick disconnects , band iron the list goes in it's whatever works for you

I am using the actual holder for the Iphone. I use the Ipad mini and have mounted that a different way which left me with the phone mount. There is a silver mounting piece that comes with the TP link and that clips perfect into the phone mount. You can buy them as an accessory.

Nhoover so you just mount yours ontop of the wifirepeater....doesnt that effect the signal...assuming you only hook up one antenna wire?

For now I just used a large zip tie cut and screwed it down.

1620922_10201575088754204_916638490_n.jpg

GBshovel...is that effecting the performance of the stock extender below? Do you have just one antenna hooked up?

No its not, tried it last night and had no issues. Went way further with video than ever before . Didn't pay attention to actual distance but was almost double what it was. Only one antenna was disconnected.

^^^I think this one has been overthought. I haven't seen anyone get worse results from this mod. alone. The only thing I can addso far from my experience is be careful drilling into the extender or you'll break it and have to get a new one.

eculuke said:
Guys,
I was afraid my question was going to get swallowed up in the huge 102 page thread on the repeater mods. I was wondering for those of you who went with the TP link 9db antenna...what did you use to mount it to the controller? Im hoping the get something on amazon that will do the trick. Looking for any advice.
Thanks Guys
Luke

Do you have a pic of said antenna?

eculuke said:
Nhoover so you just mount yours ontop of the wifirepeater....doesnt that effect the signal...assuming you only hook up one antenna wire?

I replaced both antennas in the repeater. I have two connectors and can use any pair of antennas (or just one). If I know I'm not flying far, I just stick on a 5dBi omni.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues