Controller joysticks

Reaction score
When flying a Phantom 3 Advantage, you push the right joystick forward to make it go forward and away from you.
Then when you turn the drone around to bring it home, is the right joystick still the same when pushing it forward it makes the drone come towards you, or are the controls in a reversed direction.
I heard that when the drone is turned around, the joysticks are now reversed.
Pushing the right joystick forward will make the drone still move away from you.
This is getting a little confusing.
Help, before I crash my drone.

Yes, the sticks are reversed from the operator’s point of view ONLY. But aircraft motion is relative to the orientation of the drone. So right stick forward will always be forward as if you were sitting in it.
There are special flight modes which can alter this but for now we’ll stick with the common control mode.

Go to an open area and practice and this will all be clear to you. With practice you can train yourself to adapt to the drones orientation as compared to yours.

Also, you have to train yourself ( Orientation Wise) as to the front and rear of the aircraft while in flight. Especially at a distance. The hardest thing for me personally was adjusting to the fact that the red lights are on the front, as opposed to an automobile which are in the back. It was quite confusing, but quite used to it now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4