Controller Firmware wont start?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I updated my P3P to 1.2.6 ( using the old DJI Pilot app ) The P3P took the update fine with the TXT file saying success .. I deleted the .txt file and put the SD card into the USB with a SD adapter and the firmware will not start on the controller! I even tried putting the .bin file onto a USB stick, still wont start. The P3P came from DJI with 1.1.9 now when I go to about it says 1.2.6 .. Is the app reading the controller or P3P? Is there any way to check to see what firmware is on the controller & the P3P? I do not get any .txt file on the SD card from the controller. But I did get it when I updated the Phantom..

Sounds like you need to update the Pilot app (which is now called Go). Once you get the new app, you can update the controller from within the app.

I was trying to stay with the 1.2.6 with the Older Pilot app, I heard there was some issues with the new app and firmware. I guess the controller is up to date if it didnt take the 1.2.6 firmware. Is there any way to check what firmware is on the controller?

I was trying to stay with the 1.2.6 with the Older Pilot app, I heard there was some issues with the new app and firmware. I guess the controller is up to date if it didnt take the 1.2.6 firmware. Is there any way to check what firmware is on the controller?
I dont think so. If you can fly, then I wouldn't worry about it.

You can check version from Pilot app. It should be in OTHER / ABOUT but it shows only global, not RC and Phantom.

I know that... I wish there a way to check the Phantom and the controller.Thanks
I recently added the HDMI board to my Phantoms (both where using 1.3.2). On both, after I added the board, the app reported that the version was 1.2.6+. I have done the update again through the GO app and each time it upgraded the RC. Finally the version indicated was again 1.3.2. So somehow the version shown seems to be a mix of bird and RC versions.

I think its just the bird that the app is reporting.. I had 1.3.2 on the bird and 1.2.6 on the controller .. only showed 1.3.2 on the app.. Then when I rolled the bird back to 1.1.9 it said I needed to update my controller on the app, so I updated my contoller, at that point it did show me my contoller FW # and then it updated my controller via the APP! It wouldnt update via the USB port to any FW version! I thought only the GO app and 1.3.2 would update via the app. I was on the pilot app, 1.1.9 on the bird, and 1.2.6 on the controller! WOW!

I think its just the bird that the app is reporting.. I had 1.3.2 on the bird and 1.2.6 on the controller .. only showed 1.3.2 on the app.. Then when I rolled the bird back to 1.1.9 it said I needed to update my controller on the app, so I updated my contoller, at that point it did show me my contoller FW # and then it updated my controller via the APP! It wouldnt update via the USB port to any FW version! I thought only the GO app and 1.3.2 would update via the app. I was on the pilot app, 1.1.9 on the bird, and 1.2.6 on the controller! WOW!

Question? So what is your final set up, 1.1.9 for the bird and 1.2.6 for the controller? If so, has your flight distance in the GO app changed any, is it limited to 500 meters like before?

I am still trying to figure out how to return my P3P to a state where I do not have flight limits.

I am on 1.3.2 on the controller, 1.1.9 on the bird, BUT still using the OLD pilot APP not GO App, I do have the GO app on my ipad Ill check it and see if I have any limit issues..

I am on 1.3.2 on the controller, 1.1.9 on the bird, BUT still using the OLD pilot APP not GO App, I do have the GO app on my ipad Ill check it and see if I have any limit issues..
Save that PILOT App brother, it is worth it's weight in gold, do not make the mistake I made and upgrade that device with the Pilot App to the GO APP you will loose your flight limits and be stuck at 500 meters if you overwrite it.

Save that PILOT App brother, it is worth it's weight in gold, do not make the mistake I made and upgrade that device with the Pilot App to the GO APP you will loose your flight limits and be stuck at 500 meters if you overwrite it.
Stop spreading misinformation!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20