Controller dropping out

Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry if I'm violating any board rules but I'm completely stumped here.

In a wide open field with no overhead power lines for miles and certainly no WiFi networks for the same amount of distance I'm experiencing controller signal dropouts, I expect that the FPV should drop out within a couple of hundred metres, but within that amount of distance I'm also losing control, the app reports a dropout and flashes a red icon at the top of the screen, it does regain the signal but with all these factors I'm starting to think I've got a faulty unit.

I must confess I've not yet performed a compass calibration, although from my layman's perspective I can't see that causing any kind of signal issue.

Thank you for your time reading my post and in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Also I just wanted to say that I've been reading this forum for a little while now and the collective knowledge has helped no end, I'm yet to crash it and I think this forum is to thank for that.

Thanks again guys!

Dropping signal at close distance is an indication of possible problems with the antennas. RC or even the Quad itself. It going to take some testing and diagnostic to find the issue. I would start with making sure all firmware was upmtomdate and all calibrations done. Then make sure the antenna on the RC are in proper orientation and not pointed directly at the craft.
Which unit do you have? The advanced with Lightbridge or the standard with wifi and 5.8 ghz transmitter. Need a little more info.

Thanks for the reply, it's the standard with 2.7k camera, I've performed all updates and the only calibration I haven't done is the compass, I'm hoping I haven't got a faulty unit.

I have read on some forums that the latest update seemed to be causing signal loss.

Thank you for the help :)

I am confused, how much distance are you getting when your signal problems start, are you only getting "couple of hundred metres"
650' ?

The dropouts can occur within 100 metres, the signal score on Healthy Drones is dismal the whole time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20