Controller calibration, not the drone

Reaction score
I understand calibrating the drone itself, but occasionally I will get a prompt to "Calibrate the Controller" with a little graphic of something similar to a figure eight. I try to mimic the movement I THINK it is trying to get me to perform with the controller, but I get no indication if it's correct... thoughts?

I have the p4p+ and I saw the same thing, it ended up disappearing before I could do much about it, and from all my indications it seems to do it when the controller is inside and likely has bad GPS lock, so when I do as instructed and remove it from metallic sources of interference, aka go out side in the open, it goes away before I can even try to do the figure 8. I have looked everywhere and don't see anyway to enter that mode via the menu's. I am guessing this is associated with maybe GO4 or the p4p/p4p+ RC's.

Get same message intermittently and can not seem to replicate message on demand or even complete that figure 8 movement successfully and end up Xing out to begin flying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yeah its appeared on the screen a lot of times for me. I do the figure of 8 it suggests and often nothing happens. Once it came up when the aircraft was off, I did the figure of 8 and then waited about 30 seconds and it came up with a tick and said successful. I then turned on the aircraft. So maybe it needs calibrating when the aircraft is off......

Yeah its appeared on the screen a lot of times for me. I do the figure of 8 it suggests and often nothing happens. Once it came up when the aircraft was off, I did the figure of 8 and then waited about 30 seconds and it came up with a tick and said successful. I then turned on the aircraft. So maybe it needs calibrating when the aircraft is off......

Same with me, did it with the aircraft off and havent seen it since. The figure 8 I did was horizontal, just with my arms and hands.

Yes, it drives me crazy. I sit there out in the field or on a river bank, wondering who is watching me perform some incantation on the remote as I wave it on the horizontal figure 8. I also am not entirely clear if I am doing the motion correctly.

4/5 times this has happened, it never goes away. I just end up cancelling it.

One time, I did not even do the motion, just picked up the remote and started walking to distance myself from the parking lot and then it suddenly chimed and a "Calibration successful" message appeared with an OK button on the remote in place of the instructions.

Seems silly. Theory above is very good one: Perhaps the remote relies on the Phantom's compass and forces calibration when the drone is not connected. Maybe that one time I started walking I had just turned it on and it happened to connect at that moment.

I thought I was the only one walking in figure 8 pattern repeatedly out in public looking like an idiot with my drone hovering overhead. At least it's comforting to see I'm not the only confused person :).

I've tried the "infinity walk" all sorts of times and just end up cancelling the prompt, hoping nothing breaks because of the cancel.

Reactions: BenStein
Android devices ask for the figure 8 thing when calibration is needed. Maybe it's the android version running on the p4p+ controller that is acting weird?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BenStein
For those wondering, here is a photo. It happened again to me the other day, and this time the P4P+ was in fact turned on and connected when I was prompted. I performed the usual figure 8 incantation over frozen ferns for a few minutes with the Plus remote, but the prompt never dismissed. As usual, I cancelled it and just started flying.

I've gotten a bunch of random pop ups to do things that disappear before I do it. The most annoying and never ending is the wind warning...I even get that inside a warehouse idling.

I often get the same constant beeping , I have to go to RC calibration and center the sticks, hit ok and its sorted, even tho the sticks are already centered,
which is strange, but it resolves the issue albeit temporarily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers