Controller broke... may be too fragile???

Reaction score
Last night I had the battery and controller sitting on my desk charging. At the same time my wife was washing clothes. The floor shaking created by the spin cycle caused the controller to vibrate and it dropped to the floor. It fell exactly 30 inches onto a carpeted floor. When I picked it up the S1 switch on the top right of the controller had snapped off and now the controller will not charge.
I take good care of my gear. The drone, controller and accessories are all in a case when not in use unless I am charging in preparation for use.
This is really surprising and disappointing. I have sent a message to DJI. It will be interesting to see how they reply.

I'm assuming you know where this is heading since you dropped it. They are going to charge you to repair it.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
Probably so.. it couldn't be blamed on anything they did. I do however believe it should be more shock resistant than that! The only chance I have is if my message gets to someone with a good heart. But yes, I am prepared to pay for the repair or to buy a replacement. In the end it was my responsibility.

After firmware updates my biggest gripe is the toy like or sub $100 feel of the RC. The Typhoon RC is a real tank. Too bad its range is so limited
Good luck on the repair. No local shops?

One way or the other is going to cost you. I would suggest you look on eBay for an Inspire RC type C and buy it. That RC has the most Tx power and your flights will be longer and more solid.

4 screws take it apart. it separates from the bottom, do it slowly so you don't damage the wires. the top slips down and separates from at the antenna after opening the bottom a few inches. It may just be a wire broken off and you can replace the switch yourself.

Reactions: Prairie Pyro
One way or the other is going to cost you. I would suggest you look on eBay for an Inspire RC type C and buy it. That RC has the most Tx power and your flights will be longer and more solid.

this was posted in the standard / 4k section so I assume it is one or the other. A RC from a pro/adv/inspire wont work if that is the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31