Controller Battery won't charge.

Reaction score
Hi,
My Phantom 3 Pro controller won't charge the battery i have two phantom 3 pros and check and test the batteries of both controllers but one of them is faulty i think is damaged , i'm looking for a replacement but i ca'tn find it on any place... any ideas the battery is a 7.4v 600 mAh 44.4 Wh 2s lipo -ion battery

I contact dji service and they said that i have to send the controller...but why? ..It's just a faulty battery. I test with a battery of my other P3P controller and the charging process is ok with the other battery.. i just need the battery and they dont sell it alone , also they dont won't me to open the controller either... i dont have any warranty for more than a year.

I contact dji service and they said that i have to send the controller...but why? ..It's just a faulty battery. I test with a battery of my other P3P controller and the charging process is ok with the other battery.. i just need the battery and they dont sell it alone , also they dont won't me to open the controller either... i dont have any warranty for more than a year.

It's not a simple procedure to replace a battery. Let DJI handle it. There is no battery box that can be easily opened to replace the battery and internal plastic parts are so delicate and brittle.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's not a simple procedure to replace a battery. Let DJI handle it. There is no battery box that can be easily opened to replace the battery and internal plastic parts are so delicate and brittle.

I understand what you are saying here.
Nothing should ever need to be sent in for "repair" that is NOT broke.
a battery that has dies is NOT broke

However this battery is easily changed , nothing special or technical.
and there is no legitimate reason not to sell the battery.
Folks upgrade their Rc's all the time
even the factory sold HDMI module is meant to be installed by the user
and it goes inside the RC .

and many of us NEVER send anything anywhere for service,
Very capable to do ourselves,
even have fun at it!

Good luck and have fun flying!

I haven't had any luck finding the battery either,,fwiw

Reactions: Profe Phantom

even have fun at it!

Problem is with DJI, they are I think not confident of their design and don't want others to start using after market batteries :)

Is it possible that the charging lead isn't plugging in correctly? Sometimes they need a good firm shove in to get them past the seal and to start the charging process.
This is not the problem because i exchange the bateries of two controlers and its this battery that won't charge the other battery charging process is ok in both controllers..

Reactions: kirk2579

even have fun at it!

Do you try with the original manufacturer... 7.4V polymer battery 6000mAh|7.4V polymer lithium battery 6000mAh - TenBattery

Reactions: Numone
Last edited:
Reactions: alokbhargava
The link to that battery supplier has been posted several times, but I have yet to see anyone find a way to actually order one from them. Have you found a way?
I've emailed the website contact asking if they can supply a battery to me direct. I'll update you once I hear from them.

any ideas the battery is a 7.4v 600 mAh 44.4 Wh 2s lipo -ion battery

Your best bet is to find a local battery shop - a lot of battery stores will take your old one and build you exactly what you need (I do it all the time with work equipment). This controller battery lead has 4 female pin locations on the connector - most of the of the" off the shelf " of this type have only 3. A local battery shop will use your existing cables for the replacement they provide. Best to double check your connectors and cables also for any cracks, burns etc. prior to anything else.

Of course if you are not familiar at all with doing the replacement inside the RC - then take good advice from "alokbhargava" and send it in to DJI or a reputable dealer who can do it properly.

Seems easy enough to replace if you can find one. Stuck in - but I guess only to stop it rattling around... :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Profe Phantom
Update!!
I'm still searching the web for this battery...also i open the faulty battery and found the cause of the problem, a little board with soldering joints +/- very close of each other... oops DJI did it again!!!

15068428_10155381967724386_8664192078977465240_o.jpg

Reactions: happydays

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31