Controller battery life?

Reaction score
I'm using rechargeable li-Ion AA's in the DJI controller. I know there is a low battery warning when the red led starts flashing - but how long will a set of batteries typically last? I'd like to get in the habit of changing them out before the warning occurs.

Thanks!

I've been using regular duracell/energizer batteries not rechargables, and getting like8-10 hours of flight time before I start getting warnings.

My advice: just carry a 4 pack of non-rechargeable batteries with you as part of your field kit. If you get a low batt warning from the RC you probably have time to get back and land so you can switch those RC batteries.

If you're ballsy and very far away from Home Point you can just switch the batteries in the RC. The Phantom will go into Failsafe / RTH mode as soon as you turn off the RC... it'll take you what, 20 or 30 seconds to swap the RC batteries? then turn the RC back on and flip the toggle to resume NormalFly control.

I have 2700mah rechargables and they last ages. Never tried duration, I charge them every 4 or 5 flights just to be sure.

The R/C is not designed for rechargables, but does work OK with them.

I use Energiser Lithium AAs and these last for 50+ hours of flying. Might be expensive, but are worth it

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik