Controller battery charging / Lot of noise from drone

Reaction score
OK - the P3S controller charges via a USB lead ...

How long does it usually take to charge from New out of Box ... and is there any other way to charge the Controller instead of via slow USB ?

I found the P3S in box with camera gimbal lock loose and flopping around. When I powered all up - I get a lot of noise from the drone seems to come from around the gimbal area. It does initialise and camera does seem to lock on. The Controller is showing LOW BATTERY warning so I assume that may be causing a bit of hunting on the gimbal ?

Nigel

How long does it usually take to charge from New out of Box ... and is there any other way to charge the Controller instead of via slow USB ?
3-4 hours considering your battery is low.

is there any other way to charge the Controller instead of via slow USB ?
No. Fortunately, you won't have to charge the remote controller often. The battery should last for 20-30 flights.

Yes - the time it takes is relative to the amps - the more amps of the charger, the faster it will charge.

The noise of the drone ---- similar to servo buzzing but louder seems to go on for ages then stops and then starts up again ...

I've also noticed that the camera and gimbal apparatus gets hot .... surely this is not right ? I admit that this was playing Simulator in a room with little or no air movement around the P3S.

Nigel

the camera and gimbal apparatus gets hot .... surely this is not right ?
That's normal. If you're running your Phantom on the ground with the motors and props off for long periods of time, then it would be a good idea to point a fan at it to keep it cool. Otherwise, you might damage the gimbal and/or other electronic parts.

Reactions: Storm
That's normal. If you're running your Phantom on the ground with the motors and props off for long periods of time, then it would be a good idea to point a fan at it to keep it cool. Otherwise, you might damage the gimbal and/or other electronic parts.

Thanks ... I must admit I'm getting a bit paranoid about the noise of the gimbal gear ... it is loud. If I pick up the P3S and move it about - the gimbal works as it should and noise stops... but I put it back on the ground and noise starts again.

Another question ....

When the model is stationary on the ground - and I move the left stick side to side ... the camera moves a few degrees to side but then centres, when I move the stick.

Nigel

I must admit I'm getting a bit paranoid about the noise of the gimbal gear
The gimbal always makes noise. If you want us to comment on it, then you'll need to post a video so we can hear it. Hold the camera about 6 feet or so away from your Phantom so the noise isn't exaggerated.

When the model is stationary on the ground - and I move the left stick side to side ... the camera moves a few degrees to side
That's normal.

Is the Packing Block still installed behind the gimbal? Do they still come with the foam block stuck in the back?

I will video it and post up ... its getting late here now and wife is getting lonely !!

I only comment on the noise because in all the videos I watch online - there is no noise at all from the gimbal etc.

Nigel

Is the Packing Block still installed behind the gimbal? Do they still come with the foam block stuck in the back?

Cannot find any packing block ... only the Gimbal Locking plastic ...

Nigel

Reactions: BigAl07
There is an allen head set screw on the vertical gimbal arm. Make sure it is snugged up. If loose it can make strange noises.

Cannot find Allen set screw ... but plenty of cross head screws. All good.

1030160901_HDR-1.jpg

Ok got yer ! ..

I notice you have an electrical tie through the gimbal mount damper ... I have two Drop Pins as were fitted by DJI .. with two spare. Guy in our club is telling me to remove the Drop Pins - because they cause 'rattle' on the picture ...

Do I leave in or do I remove ?

Nigel

They should not be removed. The rubber dampers are supposed to be supporting your gimbal, not the Anti-Drop Pins. In the event of a hard landing, the Anti-Drop Pins (2 of them) are there to stop the impact from ripping the gimbal off of the rubber dampers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thats how I understood it ... thanks

nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers