Controler sticks seemed reversed

Reaction score
Hello,
Just got my FC40 and it seems the functions of the controller sticks are the total opposite of all the info seen. Like to start the motors, they need to be pushed to upper right positions and upper inside left to shut off motors. All the videos show the sticks being pushed to the inside lower positions to start the motors. The left stick does not control the motor speed for take off. You need to use the right and left sticks together just right to get it take off and is very difficult to do. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong and how to fix?

Hey Mr. billinny,
I'm no expert here and am still waiting for my FC40 to arrive, but I've had time to digest a lot of info, both on this forum, which has been very helpful, and by watching videos on YouTube concerning the FC40 and Phantoms in general. It appears from the symptoms you describe as to takeoff, that you are operating in Mode 1, which has the throttle on the right and navigation on the left. I ordered one of these by mistake and fortunately was able to cancel the order. I was helped in my dilemma by someone on this forum who told me that the Mode function can be reversed by using the Naza Assistant software for the Controller. I hope this is correct. If not, maybe someone else can give you better information, but to my understanding, Mode 1 and Mode 2 operation in the controller can be switched by using the software. I hope this helps and I hope someone will correct me if I misunderstood. Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing about a resolution to your problem. We all can learn from others' problems and solutions.

OK, I just checked and it was Fuji-Flyer who helped me understand the Mode functionality and the ability to reverse this in Assistant software. Good luck.

I couldn't find that in Naza Assistant, but it was in the DJI assistant. Changed it to mode 2 and that solved most of the problems. The left does throttle it up, but flips over forward when the stick is pushed instead of taking off. Won't yet just take off straight up without a little fineness using both sticks.

Ok, just re-calibrated using the Nazam Assistant and flies perfect, right into the tree next door. Climed up and got down and still working good.

Sounds great. Now that you've got the newness off (courtesy of the tree), have fun flying. Still waiting for mine to arrive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31