control signal lost after 100 meters!!!

Reaction score
Hi.anyone have this issue?
Brand new phantom vision 2+ lost signal every time I tried to send far away over 150m!
I have updated firmware.but nothing change.

Re: signal lost after 150 minutes !

How far away? On flat ground miles away from civilisation I found an altitude of 45m got me the best distance and 85m-120 got me the 2nd best distance in a straight line away from me in fcc mode

Re: signal lost after 150 meters !

Hi again.
I send my new phantom vision 2+ back to the store.they send me a brand new.
First flight today! At 80 meters distance and 20 meters high it lost signal again.every time I tried to send it far away it lost signal.
I was in an open area.no buildings!
So?anyone with the same problem?I own a phantom vision 2 too and it works perfect.I send it over 300meters .and phantom vision 2+ can't send it over 100meters.
I have the latest firmware on both phantoms

I don't know.probably in ce mode.but even in ce mode must flight about 300meters

Dirty Bird said:
Is your controller in FCC mode?
I was in FCC mode this evening, and I lost control signal at about 300 meters. First time control signal lost; first time RTH. Fortunately, I was up about 200 feet when I clicked the failsafe. With all the mature trees in my area, I'm pretty sure the minimum 20 meters for RTH wouldn't be enough. Of course, those trees (and some of the academic buildings at the college where I was flying) may also have something to do with the signal loss.

Constantly losing connection at only 400 ft.

Hello,

I'm new to the drone scene and also new to this forum. I picked up a vision 2 plus for work, I photograph real estate. I don't need to fly over 400 for work but I would like to be able to in my free time in safe locations. I am down in Mexico this weekend for the 4th and wanted to take it up over 400ft to get a nice overhead view of the bay. However, whenever I reach right around 400 I begin to lose the connection. I have great connection, over 10 satellites, everything is fully charged. My controller is on the FCC setting, I get two beeps when turning it on and I've looked at it on the software and it shows FCC. I have read and seen plenty of videos of them going higher and was just wondering why I continue to lose connection at that height. There was no interference of any kind, no powerlines or anything. Wide open beach and wide open sky. I have my antenna and wifi extender both facing directly up towards the sky as well. I've attempted to go over 400 multiple times now, with it always failing at that height. Today it went into fly home mode and started dropping itself, normally I can get enough connection to bring it down. Any info is appreciated, I'm using the software on a Macbook pro and all firmware is up to date, also using the latest version of the app on my iphone. Thanks for reading.

Re: Constantly losing connection at only 400 ft.

Are you only getting the 400' limit on altitude? Can you go further horizontally? If so, connect your Phantom to the Assistant and check your geofence settings. I believe the default is 400' altitude. It normally doesn't say lost connection. It tells you "altitude limit reached" or something along those lines. Check just to be sure, and let me know if its only vertically you are losing connection.

Other things to check: Are you directly above yourself? You get less range when directly overhead. The Wi-Fi extender is directional. Is the flat part pointing towards the aircraft?

I been having the same issue but at around 600ft - 1000ft. Dirty Bird and some other members of this forum have helped me some. The Wi-Fi extender should be pointed towards the aircraft at an angle, not just straight up, and you should not try flying to high altitudes right above you (if that is what you are doing). Your aircraft should be at least 100 feet in front of you with the Wi-Fi angled towards it and antenna straight up to get to higher altitudes. There are several good threads on this if you want to search them out, but that's about all I can come up with to help you. Good luck,

J.

Dirty Bird said:
How many times does the controller beep when you turn it on?
One. I'm in ce mode.I know.but that's not normal.my old phantom fly about 300meters in ce mode .not only 80_90 before losing signal from remote controller.dji answered today that I have to check parameters in my software assistant in pc.there are only the flight limits and is on default settings.nothing to do with signal loss from remote controller

Try putting it to FCC mode, there's no reason to keep it in CE anyway.
I flew 1200m away with stock setup and still had control, with an unobstructed view to the craft, of course.

Remote controller beep one time.I'm in ce mode.
I checked settings in software assistant.flight limits are default at 400meters high and 1600 meters distance.
The problem is that phantom loose signal from remote controller and it returns to home position at about 100meters !!! And at an open area.
So what you suggest

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the responses, I was flying directly overhead. In my mind I thought that would create the best connection since it was right above me, clearly I didn't know how the antennas worked. I flew the phantom about 200-300 ft over away over the water and then pointed the wi-fi extender at an angle at the phantom. For the first time I made it to 750 ft but then once there I lost the connection, not sure why. However, this was a big improvement because I was stuck at 400ft. Clearly flying it overhead looks to be the issue I was having. I checked my limits and my altitude limit in the software was set at 1641 ft, so that isn't an issue. Looks like I need to find a decent size park now that I'm no longer at the beach to test some higher altitudes and see if I can get past 750 now without losing connection.

Thanks again.

Try changing at least one of the 2.4 g patch aerials to a 2db dipole [ most wifi routers use them] mounted on the web of the undercart and pointing out at 45 deg, or even vertically down. You do have to buy the appropriate cable to plug into the wifi, but they are not expensive. When they fly out of wifi range, it is mainly because those patch aerials [ one either side of the battery] are both edge on to you if you are flying forwards directly away from you. The theory is that those aerials are circularly polarised, as are the ones in the wifi repeater, so it shouldn't matter too much. In my experience, it isn't like that. I have done a couple of p2v+ now, and the difference is enormous.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic